Oil Pan Question

Discussion in 'LSX + Carb Swaps' started by Szil66, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Szil66

Szil66 Newbie

Hey guy, quick question for those of you that have done LS swaps. I am going to be doing a 5.3 swap in my pickup and though I know the truck oil pan will fit I have a different question.

I am using a motor I had for another project that already has a CTS-v oil pan on it. I was just wondering if those of you that have the truck pan have any pictures of how much clearance you have around your cross member. The pans aren't that much different but the CTS-v sump is a little longer than that of the truck pan and I am worried it will hit the cross member.

I have both pans but would like to keep the CTS-v pan if possible just because I have already switched everything over and its on the motor.

I am going to attach dimensions of both pans so if anyone is willing to do some measuring I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks! 12631828-dimensions_sm.jpg 12640746-dimensions_sm.jpg

2. Szil66

Szil66 Newbie

Anybody? Just need a picture and some measurements!

3. Boomer MN

Boomer MN Newbie

Remember it also depends on what motor mount kit you are using and where the engine ends up.

BoomerMN

4. Szil66

Szil66 Newbie

I will be using Dirty Dingo plates and it will mount in the same spot as my current motor as to not need to modify the rest of my drive train

5. Boomer MN

Boomer MN Newbie

Sorry , I can not help with that question. I did not use those mounts.
    Boom MN