Oil Filter Adapter Gasket Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hadley J-G

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 97 K1500 with a 350 and I noticed my truck is developing a leak around the oil filter adapter so I am getting everything together that I will need to complete the job. I went to GM and got the gasket set but I noticed the one gasket washer for the bolts was not included. The parts guy at gm told me it is discontinued and I also checked at napa, and auto value with no luck. Does anyone know where I can get these anymore or any tips on things to use instead of them? Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't remember those when I did mine.... mine still leaked afterwards so I just got rid of the oil cooler all together... put in the old school filter adapter and use an equivalent of an m40a filter but in wix.... clears my front driveshaft by plenty aswell...

But those(in your pic) just look like oil drain plug washers/gaskets... nothing special.... go back to Napa and see if they have an oil drain plug gasket the same size...

sent from what use to be a great country...

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same as magimerlin, those weren't in my felpro gasket set when I did mine. I ended up making my own oil cooler lines because the Dorman ones suck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hadley J-G

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Do you remember what size and type AN fittings you ended up using?

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Do you remember what size and type AN fittings you ended up using?
From anplumbing.com

Part #

ANP 6810138 -8 pre made hose 38"

ANP 6810148 -8 pre made hose 48"

ANP 981608 ST 8 to 3/8 NPT ADP (×2)

XRP 992008 -8 Male Tube ADP Black (×2)

I'd ordered 165008ERL which is the same thing as XRP992008 but it's blue and red. They ran out of those before my order was filled. They contacted me and asked if it was ok to substitute the other part number. Great customer service, I'll be ordering any other AN fittings in the future from them.

Other notes: I found the 38" and 48" lengths to both be a bit long but that's on me I should have measured better instead of roughly guessing. If you can have your truck down, I'd take the old lines off and measure the area youre replacing to get your best fit. You can order bulk line and make your own lines if you prefer. The pre made lines were easiest for me.

I just bought a Felpro gasket set from Advance for the oil filter adapter.

I've got under $120 in the fittings and shipping.

Any other questions let know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rtlngr2

Reaction score
On the 2wd 5.7 with the factory oil cooler. you could get a complete gasget and o-ring kit from carquest which is now advanced. had everything to repair the leak. those applications did not use gasgets on the bolts. kit worked good. same kit was available on late 4.3 s10's. like 98 to 02.

Hadley J-G

Reaction score
for anybody in the same boat as me and looking for these gasket washers, I finally managed to figure out the right part number for them. They come on the actual bolts that go through the oil filter adapter. GM part 12553513. Looks like it is only on the k series with the 5.0 or 5.7 on years 95-99.