OBS Tahoe from Reno.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Hello everyone, been a member for a year and now I'm ready to finally post. I lost my 91 SR5 in a accident and had to replace it. Found this 96 Tahoe in Lake Tahoe on Craigslist. Owner said that it needed "motor work" and was asking $1400 with 161k on odo. Pulled dipstick and she was full of coolant. Having done my research on this forum I had a good hunch that it was intake gaskets. Worked out a deal and $600 took it home. Pulled the intake and, yep intakes were blown out. $220 and two days labor and the hoe runs and drives beautiful to this day. Thanks to this forum I have a rig I'm maybe 3k into and the only white guy in Reno driving a lowered Tahoe on 20"s. Going for the "hot rod" look. Let me know what you think. It's alittle dirty from the road trip I'm on.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It's a 4/4 drop. 2" spindles with 2" springs up front and 2" drop shackles with 2" drop hangers in rear. I also pulled the overload springs but they are not to much to add, maybe a 1/2". It has a 4wd rear sway bar, Fox Hotchkis shocks in all corners. I did the Baer bump steer kit but still steers some on its own on decent bumps. She rides great but I need to notch the rear for big hits on the freeway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk