OBS back window OR gasket???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an exterior related question.

Does anybody know where to find a good selection of back windows @ a decent price, OR, preferably, where I can find hardware for an existing back window that I have? I have a slider back window, but I need a new latch and the gasket that is supposed to seal the window to the cab itself. Perhaps it would be easier to just buy a whole new back window?? I've mulled this over for a while with no real luck in figuring out a decent solution so please post up your comments, thoughts, suggestions whatever.

I've searched everywhere I can think of on the internet, places like ckresto, LMC truck etc and not found the gasket which is used to seal the back window to the cab.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
i would suggest just replacing the whole thing. mine has recently started letting some moisture in, and i thin ki'm jsut going to bit the bullet and replace it all. also a solid window would be cheaper. but i refuse to give up my slider. it works just as good as the A/C and saves me a bit on fuel.

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I was afraid I'd have to buy a whole nother window. oh well. I also like having the slider and I also use it instead of the AC. ANy ideas on where you're going to get your window from?

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
i was gonna go look around the scrap yard. but odds of finding one that doesn't leak are slim to nill. i have a glass guy who does windshields and stuff for me, i'm not sure where he gets them from but i pay him cash, and don't ask questions.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
I thought I saw the gasket on either ckresto or LMC? It may have been the solid window gasket.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why chance wasting money on a used boneyard rear window or slider ?
9/10 of the time the window rubber seal will be old and won't seat to seal out the moisture after you install it in your truck.
You'd be better off off buying a new tinted slider and having it installed by a glass shop. It's really not that expensive.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why chance wasting money on a used boneyard rear window or slider ?
9/10 of the time the window rubber seal will be old and won't seat to seal out the moisture after you install it in your truck.
You'd be better off off buying a new tinted slider and having it installed by a glass shop. It's really not that expensive.

what this guy said

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I already have the slider window I'm not going to go looking for another one in a junkyard. The window itself is in great shape, it just lacks the gasket and a latch

katkatcher#1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The slider in my old 91 ecsb was leaking, carried it to the glass shop they pulled it out cleaned the gasket and replaced it with the same silicone sealer as they do the the windshiled as for the latch idk! they only charged like 20 bucks too.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i got a slider for my truck and just took it to henderson glass. they put it in for 118 which was rape but they do all my windows and they never have leaked. this will be the 5th window i have had them install. they have done my windsheilds back windows and broken windows. im very happy with their work and dont mind the high price for the quality! my slider was used and does not leak!