Noob from Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
howdy,

i've been here for a bit over a week and made some post but this is my official introduction i guess

got a 97 z71 chevy...all stock for now

but i'm gonna put fix her up "one piece at a time and it will cost me more than a dime"

i'm about to put a new starter on this weekend. is there any kind better than another?...i was just gonna go with a brand new Duralast from o'reillys or autozone with a lifetime warranty for about 109.99

i recently had the intake manifolds replaced along with the oil cooling line and the power steering line...along with new plugs and wires....

my next big project will be some new shocks as the previous owner changed out 3 of them and one is still an original so its gonna feel like a dang cadillac when i get those changed out

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to GMT400 man. And don't feel intimidated by the "small parts for a big project feel" or it'll get the better of you.

Starter - it doesn't really matter as long as you get the lifetime warranty. Just put your receipt somewhere where you will remember it. (Mine is in the envelope that holds my registration and insurance, as well as some other receipts for the truck)