No Speedo Tach or Shift Indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
It's most likely wires running to tcc solenoid rubbing against the valve body fairly common

Is the valve body inside the pan? It still has 40 miles and 3 weeks left on the warranty, hopefully they don't try to give me some bs reason.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Is the valve body inside the pan? It still has 40 miles and 3 weeks left on the warranty, hopefully they don't try to give me some bs reason.

Yeah, take it in, no need to troubleshoot something you paid for.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I called the shop this morning to touch base and told him what I had found. He kinda acted like he didn't think wiring inside would short out on it, little does he know I am not going to let them screw me over since it has a warranty.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I called the shop this morning to touch base and told him what I had found. He kinda acted like he didn't think wiring inside would short out on it, little does he know I am not going to let them screw me over since it has a warranty.

Yeah, they try to act silly sometimes. Sometimes you just have your gaurd up and it seems that way. If he's any kind of decent owner, he'll have you come in and at least pull the pan and look. A little ATF is a small price to pay against a satisfied customer.

I know my two local shops are, in my opinion, crooked as hell. They just buy the transmissions online, double the price, install it, and hope you don't still own the truck when/if you have another issue. Their answer to everything is rebuild, because they don't actually know how to diagnose and repair one.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
The shop called and said the tcc solenoid and some shorts were found in tranny and the bill is 214, electronics are not covered under warranty. I looked at my original receipt and it says no electronic covered. Kinda sucks.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
The shop called and said the tcc solenoid and some shorts were found in tranny and the bill is 214, electronics are not covered under warranty. I looked at my original receipt and it says no electronic covered. Kinda sucks.

That definitely sucks, especially since when I built them, I replaced ALL the electronics regardless of what the customer said. That was just simply a matter of course.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
They were all replaced according to the receipt. Hopefully it takes care of it, atleast they were fast to fix it and 214 is not terrible but that thing only had about 12k miles on it since the rebuild.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
They were all replaced according to the receipt. Hopefully it takes care of it, atleast they were fast to fix it and 214 is not terrible but that thing only had about 12k miles on it since the rebuild.

Yeah, i mean, you were still in warranty, so I figured it couldn't have been too many miles. Well, good luck