No Fluid Pressure - No Gears Forward or Reverse- NEED HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update- Drive line does not turn, or even ingauge (chevy Clunk from park to gear)
Trans shop said something in the valve body, got stuck and fried it, they replaced the valve body under warranty - now they said there is still no fluid pressure, Thay are saying that they think the pump broke because the torque converter was not seated all the way. My question is, if the valve body got stuck wouldnt that be the cause for the pump to go out or is it the other way araund pump goes out and destroys the valve body?????

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Either could happen independently of one another. The most likely scenario is debris from the pump entered the fluid passages first. If they installed the transmission and didn't seat the TC properly, you don't owe them a dime.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right But would the truck even drive if it wasnt seated all the way

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
I've seen them drive almost normally with **** you wouldn't believe going on inside, so it's possible.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:buttkick:Final Verdict- Torque Converter was seated Properly, the tech admitted he had to pull the torque converter out about 1" to bolt it up, in doing that the "ears" from the torque converter were only in gauged half way. Snapped the ears off the Pump and destroyed everything inside. They Had to warranty the whole thing. - this all started because they told me I was responsible for it braking due to "pushing" the trans to hard. Even when it only had 200 mi on it- and I have only driven around town-not even a pair of shoes in the back. Some people

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
The torque converter was most likely damaged from the front pump bushing being worn and causing it to have excessive runout. You're more likely to damage the internals of the converter from having it seated improperly than outright breaking the snout. I've installed more 4L60s than I can remember and there is always a certain amount the converter has to be pulled "out" to come in contact with the flexplate. I'm not saying it could not have been the cause, but it seems unlikely that was purely the cause. A lazy tech not replacing the front pump bushing seems likely as well.