New Unit-Keep CD Player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattmacklind

Reaction score
OK so I'm installing a new stereo in my Tahoe. I'm using the same one I put in my Sierra-its a Pioneer Bluetooth stereo with no CD player. My Tahoe has the CD player instead of the cubby space. I figured I would just remove the CD player and install the open cubby. Then I wondered, if the wiring is already in place, would the CD player still work as a hardwired AUX to the head unit or is that getting to complicated to mess with? I'm not a huge CD fan but there are times for CD's. Thanks,

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anything is possible. Is it worth the effort? Probably not IMO. You can buy a brand new head unit with Bluetooth and CD for barely over $100 these days.

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not worth it IMO also. If you don't have the option for CD's you won't even notice not having it. I use a CD probably once every other year anymore. Use the space for something else. My .02

mattmacklind

Reaction score
Yeah, I went ahead and ordered the storage insert. Perfect place for an insurance card.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great place for a remote too, if your head unit came with one.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered the head unit kit off ebay to match my dash and installed a Alpine head unit that I bought here from a member I'm very happy with it.