New to me 96 2 door tahoe. 5.7 throwing 5 cel codes, rough ide, rough takeoff, Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridinhigh98

Reaction score
Just bought a 96 Chevy tahoe sport with 175,000 miles. Truck is in all around great condition. Problem is the motor is running rough at idle and also when you first accelerate. Once you get going it runs good. The codes it is showing are. P0171 P0172 P0174 p0175 p0300. All are either running to rich or lean and misfires. I have been doing some research and found that this year had trouble with the spider injectors. Sound like my problem? I have read story after story of people throwing part after part and no fix to the problem. I want to diagnose the problem before wasting money.
You must be registered for see images attach

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
might just need a tune/timing check

BTW- that is one sweet looking ride! Of all the GMT-400's, I love the 2dr hoes, ECSB and the CC dualies the most!

Dubya

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet hoe, my 96 has got 172,000 miles and just last week I started having problems with the spider injection. It had the same symptoms u are having. Is there a unburned fuel smell coming from your exhaust?

ridinhigh98

Reaction score
Yes I am getting a stong fuel smell. I might try a few small things before replacing the spider injection but I am pretty confident thats what it is. I ran some sea foam in the fuel and it helped..a little which makes me believe it has to be in the jnjectors. I think this was a common problem in the 96's since gm came out with a new design for the spider. Any one know which part number is the new design?

Dubya

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought that same part Saturday. Don't forget to get upper intake gasket.