new parts!!! what do you transmission guys think?? flex plate torque converter 2000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Is your truck a 2wd or 4x4, if it's a 2wd then any stall speed will be fine to suit your cam profile, if you have a 4x4 then you dont want and high stall speed, 4x4's usually have a very low stall speed(around the 6-800 range). Also I myself would never buy a torque converter from ebay, the stall apeed may not be correct, I usually buy all of my torque converters from Dacco, they are pretty cheap and have a good warranty if you have transmission problems.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice new parts.

I don't like stall convertors, had one, used it, it sucked. I had a comp 268h cam and a 2k sat. night special from tci, or sizzler forget which, but it was around 2k stall, only thing it would do is let you leave at 2k, wouldn't burn tires very good doing so, wouldn't burn em from a start either. it smokes em now with a stock tc and a stock 305, when it had a mild built 350 in it before and the same trans.

So I'm not impressed with them, never had good luck. All I ever heard was all a stall is awesome it's the best, so I got talked into it and thought, eh don't see anything special. Then when we swapped motors out for a ***** 305 and stock TC, I was like WTF it runs BETTER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Swims350, that is exactly what is supposed to happen with a stall, the reason for a high stall is for cam profiles that don't make any power under a certian rpm, if your power band is from 2000-7000rpm then a 2k stall would be perfect, but if you power is from the idle to 5500 rpm then a stall will limit your power band to 2000-5500 instead of 500-5500rpm.:hmm:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well it did let it launch at that rpm and such but why did it have no balls? It wouldn't hardly break tires loose, now it'll smoke tires with everything the same, minus a stock tc and a wimpy 305. That's what got me.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is your truck a 2wd or 4x4, if it's a 2wd then any stall speed will be fine to suit your cam profile, if you have a 4x4 then you dont want and high stall speed, 4x4's usually have a very low stall speed(around the 6-800 range). Also I myself would never buy a torque converter from ebay, the stall apeed may not be correct, I usually buy all of my torque converters from Dacco, they are pretty cheap and have a good warranty if you have transmission problems.

the torque converter was acutually a tc form dacco came in daco box shipping and everything.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well it did let it launch at that rpm and such but why did it have no balls? It wouldn't hardly break tires loose, now it'll smoke tires with everything the same, minus a stock tc and a wimpy 305. That's what got me.

really so i wont beable to burn out from a take off or just from a stall?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's awesome info right there, kind of like the s-10 converters and the old vega converter trick.

Now I was told that maybe my TC was bad, but I aint sure, the car drove just fine no slippage, the stall worked, hold the brakes and rev to 2k and dump the brakes, or it'd flash to 2k. The car had 215/65's on it and 3.42's with a th350 and b&m stage 2 shift kit. it would bark em going into 3rd and a long chirp going into 2nd, still does, but off the line it only burn em a bit, like not even 30 seconds, or much after 5 feet or so. it'd just suqeal some and last for about 10-20 seconds maybe of little over 5 feet at best.

Now it has a stock 305 in it, stock TC, same gears, same tires, and you hit it now and it'll just smoke em, you can't hardly touch the gas without it breaking tires loose. We hit it once by dad's house left a good 10 footer, and it was just smoking the tire, no brake stand either.

I know the motor aint bad either, it used to be very nasty when it lived in our 76 with a 3 spd manual and posi rear end. Plus it's in dad's truck now and he has 2.73's and 255/60's and it'll burn them about like it did in the monte carlo, with a stock tc in the truck and stock th350. Going to upgrade to 3.90's soon should be fun then.

Reaction score
the torque converter was acutually a tc form dacco came in daco box shipping and everything
thats awesome! I'm glad that it turned out to be a Dacco product:)
really so i wont beable to burn out from a take off or just from a stall?
torque converters aren't supposed to let you burn out from a launch, that's why they use them in drag racing, if you spin the tires and don't move then your 1/4 mile time will suffer, also if you leave the line in your power band the engine will be making torque the entire time and won't have to play catch up.