New Member - NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtieman55

Reaction score
Well fellas, it's been a few years since I first introduced myself. I'm sorry I didn't respond to the "What's the plan?" questions; I guess at the time there weren't any big plans. I've still got the Yukon, even though it hasn't been on the road in about 3 years now... The engine started overheating and I guess it's now got cracked head(s) or something, which is fine because it's got 240,*** miles on it and it was a slightly tired anyway. So the actual "plan" now is to install a new L31 replacement from GM and spruce things up a bit. I figure at this point, after going back and forth with what I wanted to do, Ill just keep it forever (avoiding vehicle payments). It's a pretty nice vehicle, considering, and I know most of it's history, so I'll just stick with what I know.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Once you get it sorted out, the rule of thumb is that if you spend the equivalent of two payments (probably payments on a new vehicle) a year on it, it will run forever. Balanced against the cost of a new truck that is a pretty good deal. YMMV of course, and if you are running performance parts the number likely goes higher. Good luck!