New member from Massachusetts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
welcome.. but technology is SO FREAKING FAR ahead of TBI.. newer technology has pushed the "no replacement for displacement" statement off the shelf.. i have buddies running these damned hondas planting well over 500 horsepower to the ground... out of 4 cylinders... one buddy has one that puts well over 350hp to the ground naturally aspirated...

as far as the 454 vs the 6.0L.... a stock 6.0 with a tune and long tube headers can push that 400 horsepower mark at the crank with ease... with a cam and some internals wayyyy past that.. mike is running a supercharger at 4psi and pushing ungodly amounts of power out with his.. and probably gets better gas mileage than a decently built 454...

anyways, welcome and i will follow your build thread if you decide to make one on it! and good luck!

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
gas mileage is always nice, especially with gas prices these days. I know a little about the advances made with the motors today...at the end of the day the game is the same as it has always been: the more air and fuel you can ram into the cylinder and ignite, the bigger boom you get.

It's said that a bone-stock 454 Mark IV 2 bolt main block can handle a 600 horsepower build, there are some reports of 700+ horsepower out of 454's that are normally aspirated...it all boils down to how much money you want to dump into a vehicle. I read a little on the 6.0 liter but I think I will stick to my old hotrodder technology, it's fairly cheap, effective and it's been proven as such over the past 40 years or so. It's fun to dream about having a 1000HP motor and being able to do wheelies down the street, but I don't have the money to make that happen, so I'm going to settle with a real mild build and take the upgrades one at a time....and most importantly, have fun while doing it!

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
and more power to you for doin that... my opinion on the issue of big block power versus small block power... i would love to have that 700 horsepower motor whether big block, or small block, but pound for pound, the small block can be made to have a crap load more power, at a fraction of the weight.

and on a poor man's budget like mine, i need the gas mileage. thats most important to me lol

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree 100%...I've only had this truck for a couple of weeks now. The motor is getting kind of tired because of the number of miles on it and yeah, it burns through gas. Luckily my daily commute is only about 15 miles each way, so it's not all too bad. I love a chevy, smallblock or big block, doesn't matter...but I'm definitely partial to the older stuff. If I could have a 69 camaro, I'd be in car-heaven.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
I agree 100%...I've only had this truck for a couple of weeks now. The motor is getting kind of tired because of the number of miles on it and yeah, it burns through gas. Luckily my daily commute is only about 15 miles each way, so it's not all too bad. I love a chevy, smallblock or big block, doesn't matter...but I'm definitely partial to the older stuff. If I could have a 69 camaro, I'd be in car-heaven.[/QUOTE]

i am right there with ya... but i would deal with a 67 or 68 too lol... my dream car is a 69 yenko camaro with the 383, blue with white stripes....