New member from KY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, stumbled upon this site while looking for info for my '95. I'll give you all a little history about myself. I grew up around Ford trucks, specifically the '80-'86 body style, several family members have had them over the years and I'm very fond of them. Never knew much about Chevy's until my late father bought one used back in '09, which I've now inherited and is quickly growing on me. It's a 1995 LD C2500 Cheyenne that was bought new and used as a fleet truck by a local farm supply outfit, and equipped with a big honkin' tube steel towing bumper. It's powered by a TBI 350 backed by a dying 4L60E, which I intend to replace with an NV4500 at some point in time. It currently has close to 315,000 miles and still runs like a top, doesn't leak or burn a bit of oil. The interior is bare bones, down to vinyl flooring, which comes in very handy. The only option it has at this point is the high-end AM/FM/CD/Tape radio that I myself upgraded. It's a beautiful bronze metallic and unfortunately doesn't have one single undamaged body panel. In order to combat that small problem, future plans include a full first generation Escalade conversion, including front clip, wheels, and interior, just to have something you don't see everyday that still retains a stock look. I'd also like to replace the bed with a Knapheide utility box or other similar setup. It's been a great truck so far, only problems I've had from it are the transmission failing, breaking the center out of the flexplate, and the catalytic converter failing, which was solved by hollowing it out and leaving about 18" of 3" pipe past it. Really thunders down the highway! Anyway, looking forward to hearing others' stories and learning a lot while I'm here.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Welcome!
You're from around my old stompin' grounds. I grew up about an hour from you. Matter of fact I'll be passing through there Saturday lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I don't have many pictures of it for the time being, but here are the ones I do have.

Here it is after I blacked out the hood (clearcoat peeled, looked ugly), and I went ahead and did the grille and lights too. Looked pretty good when I first did it, now it's faded bad:
You must be registered for see images attach

A shot of the rear bumper, love it:

And a couple shots when myself and 4 friends piled up in this RC 2 wheel drive truck and hit some mudholes:

Didn't get too muddy, but let me express what a terrible idea it was. 35 degrees in the middle of winter, rain pouring, narrow dirt road with the mighty Ohio spilling it's banks on one side and a muddy field on the other. When we got to the point the road was impassible, I tried to cut it through the field and back around, got stuck about 40 feet in. Had everybody get behind the truck and get some leverage, she finally let loose and I ripped it out of there. It was an experience, but NEVER will I do that again.

Last edited: