New Member and my 96 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello! Im new to this site even though ive been a member for a couple weeks now, i was reccomended to this page by multiple friends and ive been fooling around a little bit on the page. So far ive seen nothing but knowledgeable people who are willing to help a brotha out and im here to help as well.

My vehicle is a 1996 Chevrolet K1500 Silverado with the rather typical 350 4L60E setup. K designation, thus its 4x4 and I know it doesnt mean much but its a Z71. She has 263k miles and climbing as it has since i bought it 2 years ago with 232k miles. It has undergone many procedures and she came to me a mild piece of **** and at the time i was learning these trucks a lot and didnt quite know what i was doing so im currently fixing my own mistakes along with the mistakes and mistreatment the previous owners have put it through. But currently the new motor and built trans are pulling it along just fine and its slated for an LS swap even though i have a new motor. I need some more power for the mountain roads and road trips i take. I would like to lift it slightly and get a small amount of stance going, some fresh paint in the same color would be nice as well. Planning on new headlights again, and some more custom interior work. Other than her issues all the damn time, well never mind it treats me like ****. But i love it. Haha

Oh yeah, it does sweet burnouts on ****** tires. Well used too until the g80 took a ****.
You must be registered for see images attach

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Welcome! And dont worry, everyones g80 blows up sooner or later when you play with your truck. Mine has yet to go but i usually dont push it lol

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Welcome! I love my G80. 21 years and 205,000 miles it's still going strong. But then again, I don't beat my truck either.

Reaction score
Welcome! I love my G80. 21 years and 205,000 miles it's still going strong. But then again, I don't beat my truck either.
I was rather retarded at the time and apprantly the wrong gear oil destroys G80s. But the truck had a hard life before me as well. Thanks for the welcome guys!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a high mileage truck. As long as it's clean. And yeah, I waiting on my rear end to go as well. 130K and still is working fine.