New leaf or new leafs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
So, I've got one cracked leaf in my OE (presumably) set. The lower thickest one. Its split out beyond the u-bolts and i need to address it at some point. I'm looking at snagging a set of k2500 leafs from another suburban or just one.

What do y'all think about swapping one side vs both as a set? My burb is a k2500 as is the one in the yard.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Suburban springs aren't the right length anyway.
Both are suburbans.

I'd like to have a functional pickup again one day when life and cash permit it. Ideally a CCLB big block with standard transmission to ensure I'm the only one in the family to drive it.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Both are suburbans.

I'd like to have a functional pickup again one day when life and cash permit it. Ideally a CCLB big block with standard transmission to ensure I'm the only one in the family to drive it.
So that truck would be Rawhide's cranky brother/cousin I guess? The CCLB....I can't imagine getting off the line, or driving a stick in Houston!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I've got one cracked leaf in my OE (presumably) set... ...I'm looking at snagging a set of k2500 leafs from another suburban or just one.

What do y'all think about swapping one side vs both as a set? My burb is a k2500 as is the one in the yard.
Buy both Treasure Yard leaf springs. Replace the one on your Sub that's cracked, store the other good one under your workbench until the other side on your Sub breaks.

This--of course--assumes that both spring sets are the same stiffness--number and thickness of leaves.

Consider replacing the spring-eye bushings when you have the thing apart. You'll need new U-bolts, too.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Buy both Treasure Yard leaf springs. Replace the one on your Sub that's cracked, store the other good one under your workbench until the other side on your Sub breaks.

This--of course--assumes that both spring sets are the same stiffness--number and thickness of leaves.

Consider replacing the spring-eye bushings when you have the thing apart. You'll need new U-bolts, too.
I was leaning towards that route. Both are the 5+1 sets. New bushings would be going in as well as new steel brake lines.

Stopped by the yard today after work to look at the leafs and had the floor mats follow me home plus a quarter. First time I've made money at a bone yard and brought something home.