New guy from Kansas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jiggie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey y'all I'm Jonathan aka jiggie. New to the forum and almost didn't join because I have a suburban not a truck, but then I found some others with burbs and decided to join up. I have a 99 old body style gmc k1500 suburban With the 5.7 and 4l60e trans that I have cloned to a chevy(only because my parts vehicle was a chevy and I used lots of the parts lol). It's 4x4 with the auto function and pretty much all stock as it the family daily. Been wanting to spruce it up but having a hard time trying to decide what to do and not to do. I'm new to the "big" chevy world and gm all togeather. So looking forward to reading more and learning new things.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jiggie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome and looks pretty clean form pic. Wat kinda ideas have you been thinkin

Thanks! It's not showroom shape but for what it was used for before I got her it's in good shape. I got lucky with this as my parts vehicle had 3rd row so I swapped all the back half interior stuff and got a matching cloth seat. So I have a 9 passenger full cloth suburban. I was told that's rare for a 99. Since is a 5.7 with the 4l60e trans my ideas I've been all over the spectrum lol. Part of me wants to lower it a little with some nice wheels two tone paint and some engine upgrades make here have a little get up and go.
The other side of me wants to lift it a little with some nice tires, and make it off road/bad weather capable. And then part of me says leave it stock and spend all the money making it like new again and reliable with some nicer wheels off a newer chevy.

So far the only things I have planned are the nessary thing to keep her going another 184k lol. the fuel spyder upgrade, full tune up and fluid flushes, full new exhaust cause I need catalyst converters, some trans lines and seals new shocks in the rear and a brake upgrade on the front and new stuff on the rear. Going to have the trans and rear ends checked to make sure they are good. Already had the trans serviced with all new shift silanoids and full flush.

Only things I'm For sure doing are a new hood so going with a 4 inch cowl hood from lmc, paintable chevy grille, new headlights and taillights and interior lighting, ranch hand grille guard or full bumper for the front and full rear bumper,and new speakers and stereo with a flip down DVD player for the kids. Might have to replace the gauge cluster cause the fuel gauge is vibrating. Already cleared the needles and put in red led for that 90's gm look in all my dash lights. I'll post some more pictures when I get a bit.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks to have a pretty nice stance as is. If it is a daily driver family car I wouldn't lift it. I do like the two tone idea as you don't seem to see a lot of suburbans two tones. 4" cowl hood will get tiring to look around imo.

Jiggie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks to have a pretty nice stance as is. If it is a daily driver family car I wouldn't lift it. I do like the two tone idea as you don't seem to see a lot of suburbans two tones. 4" cowl hood will get tiring to look around imo.

Thanks yea it's stock fight with heavy duty shocks in the rear cause the previous owner used it for towing. I agree on the good part but I guess it's a never had one before kinda thing haha. Honestly I'd like to have the flip hood hinges off a older Buick with a stock hood. Something different and from what I read it's a pretty simple mod except for the cowl cutting. On a big burb do you think even a 3 inch lift would be too crappy for daily driving? I'm thinking the extra hight for a bit bigger tire fo if it floods or if it's snowing bad. We travel to Wyoming and Colorado a lot so thinking about the what ifs lol

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would just get tired of climbing in and out of a lifted truck. But then I am old with blown out knees. How old are your kids that will have to get in and out?

Jiggie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would just get tired of climbing in and out of a lifted truck. But then I am old with blown out knees. How old are your kids that will have to get in and out?

They are 9 7 4 and 2. Before we had the burb we had a lifted Jeep. But considering we don't live in the mountains anymore I guess I didn't think about the climbing in and out haha. And I don't like the drop down steps. Something to chew on thank you for pointing that fact out!