New fuel pump new fuel relay still no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pwilson87

Reaction score
Been having issues getting my truck running it needed a new fuel pump. It got no power to it, swapped the relay and still got no power. Im at a loss for what it could be

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have power with the key on at the cavities in tn the fuse box? Does the truck crank? Could be a bad ignition switch.

Pwilson87

Reaction score
Do you have power with the key on at the cavities in tn the fuse box? Does the truck crank? Could be a bad ignition switch.
Thats a second time ive had the bad ignition switch suggestion that might be the issue. And decent tips or suggestions

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year is this truck? If you don't have power at the relay cavity you can either check under the dash to see if the ignition switch is good or check at the VCM and see if its getting input there.

Pwilson87

Reaction score
What year is this truck? If you don't have power at the relay cavity you can either check under the dash to see if the ignition switch is good or check at the VCM and see if its getting input there.
Its a 2000 Tahoe Z71

94silveraydo

Reaction score
This could very well be the ignition switch going bad, or the BCM module failing. The 2000+ trucks had the VATS system built into the ECM/BCM using magnetic pulses from the ignition switch to the BCM to verify it was the proper key, then the BCM telling the ECU everything is hunky dory. If any of these components fail the ECM won't click the fuel pump on and the vehicle won't start. Before replacing the ignition switch, try resetting the VATS system. There's a link at the bottom here on how to do that. Bear in mind the security light might not always come on in the event that the vehicle is in lockout mode or if the ignition switch is failing. This happened to my sisters '02 Bravada after someone tried breaking into it in a parking ramp. I spent 3 hours trying to get that procedure down in a Wisconsin winter because she couldn't get the truck home from work.

http://passlock.bloggstar.com/reset-passlock-vats/

Majelan

Reaction score
I have had issues with fuel pump relay changed a couple in a short span.
Then found out the pin connecters are loose and because of it heats up and damages the relay
.cant pull the female pins from the base to replace with because of the heat it has welded it self to the base (fuse box)
I ended stuffing wire with the relay pins . its not professional but it worked,