New from Upstate NY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94K1500

Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents'. Saw a link to this place on Greg's sig at FSC so I figured I'd head on over and check it out. This is my second GMT400, first was a '93 GMC Sierra K1500 and my newest is a '94 Chevy K1500. I've been stationed overseas for a year now and was looking for another GM when I saw it on craigslist for 2500 bucks. As she sits it's running off a 4.3L with a 5spd behind it and with only 110K miles on the clock, she'll probably stay that way until winter's over and I find the time and get all the parts together for a swap. I will be giving her a tune-up and leveling out the front end when I get home at the end of this month and until the swap, that's probably about it.

'Nuff of my rambling though, I'll let the pictures speak.
You must be registered for see images attach

And just something I'm having a graphics shop cut for me - OH BOY WHAT MIGHT THIS MEAN?!?!

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol: Thanks for the plug. Welcome to the site man. Looks like you got a good starting point for what sounds like a total makeover.

With your graphics - I would try to get the numbers a bit bolder, they look kinda thin.

94K1500

Reaction score
Just a quick mock-up the graphics shop sent me through an e-mail. Not entirely sure I'm gonna go with a big block, but that's one of the options I'm looking at so I figured I'd throw it in as a teaser. Not sure when the swap will come yet since I'm not sure when I'll be deploying and I'd like to have enough time to do everything at once rather than leave it half-a$$ed

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
welcome to the site from a fellow upstate new yorker. I'm located in the syracuse area myself. Nice looking W/T you've got there. Not in too bad of shape for being a '94 in upstate new york either

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice to welcome another upstate New Yorker to the site. Nice W/T. I'm outa Clay, transplanted to Homer myself. Where abouts are you located? We (You, Bizz and myself and whoever else) should probably all meet up sometime cause face it we're a rare breed up here lol.

94K1500

Reaction score
Hometown's Stillwater, but I'll be stationed at Ft. Drum the beginning of next month. I'd be up for a meet, haven't seen any Northeast Chevy groups

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn I had no idea there were other folks around the Drum/Syracuse area on here. I am at drum and I just sold my truck. 94 k1500 6inch suspension and 3 inch body lift for 3600. Can't seem to get a good price on trucks up here.

Congrats on the new purchase. I guess you already know your unit being that you know you are deploying.

94K1500

Reaction score
Don't have pinpoints yet, just a replacement so far, know when I get there on the 6th of next month.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We're a rare breed up here but we're def here. Trucks just don't last long enough up here to ever have a following. Crap weather causes people to wreck them on a steady basis and if that doesn't do it the salt rusts em out. Those of us that are into anything older than 10 years old really have our work cut out for us to bring these trucks back to a respectable state of being. I'm def game for a CNY C/K meet even if it is meeting up at a DD somewhere for a coffee/bs session.

94K1500

Reaction score
Salt'll kill ya. Know a few people around the Capital Region who rock OBS and other body style Chevys, could probably get a few to make the drive North for a meet.

Dad's OBS, was gonna pass it down to me, but I found mine instead:

Nice build you got going 88GMC, I'm thinking I might start looking around for a new frame for my truck when I get back. Nothing wrong with it, but I'd like to convert to a long bed someday. Glad you changed that grille out though, one looked funky