New from OK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kuma

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Cole. I recently traded a 93 240sx convertible for my new to me 1995 chevy 1500 long bed with a 350. I wasn't too thrilled about it being a long bed, but I figured it might keep me from wanting to mod it out so I can focus on my main project (1995 240sx that I'm getting a 6.0 built for)

Bought it with some bald 235/75's and swapped those out for some 32x11.5's I got in exchange for 2 pairs of mismatched camaro wheels.

Whoever thought 235's on a v8 truck was a good idea wasn't the brightest.
You must be registered for see images

Now

Plans in order.
1. Fix the brakes. Need one new caliper, new rotors, and brake system flushed. Hoping I don't need to replace the ABS module thing because there is a lot of trash in the lines, when I tried to bleed the system yesterday.

2. Fix the steering. Steering is real loose. the previous owner said it only needed balljoints, but he also said it was normal for the brakes to go 3/4th the way to the floor before starting to stop.

3. Tail lights and rear bumper. It's missing the rear bumper and I'm not a fan of nightshaded tail lights.

4. Ditch the bench seat for a 60/40 or 40/20/40 from a junkyard and reupholster it if I need to.

5. replace the open rear end with a LSD or locker. Still researching my options. g80 seems like the cheapest option because I can pull one from the JY, but I hear they have a tendency to fail. So now I'm looking for a sub $500 option, but having trouble finding the right locker for my truck.

Anyways, that's the truck and plans. I hope to learn a lot around here.

Kuma

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the project is a 1995 nissan 240sx (s14 zenki) that I'm still waiting on the 6.0 chevy v8 to be built. I had Texas Drivetrain Performance beef up my t-56. I got the installation kit from SIKKY that comes with pretty much everything to fit the 6.0 in there without having to modify the body other than hammering on the trans tunnel. Motor mounts, oil pan and pick-up, headers, clutch lines, Power steering lines, wilwood clutch master cylinder, oil filter relocation kit, trans x member. PNP wiring harness by Wiring specialties. The interior will be black suede with brown leather inserts. I've only gotten the bottom of the back seat, headliner and sunroof visor done so far. I finished the back seat and then got bombarded by people wanting upholstery work.

The motor. I chose to go iron block for 2 reasons. The first being cost. The cheapest I could find an aluminum LSx used was $3500 (That's with over 100k miles on it) But my engine builder had a 6.0 iron block motor that he sold me for $150. $2750 later, it will have all brand new internals. I don't know the specs yet, but I do know it got upgraded roller rockers, cam, springs and a bit of port and polishing. I don't know if he is boring it or anything, but for a motor with all brand new internals for $2900 total isn't bad imo. The second reason I went with an iron block is because after I get used to a 450ish hp car that weighs about 1000lbs less than a vette, I will be going back through the engine with forged internals, boosting and shooting for 1000+hp at the wheels.

How the car sits now. Full suspension (coilovers, tension rods, rear upper control arms, toe rods and traction bars) chalkboard paint, and crown victoria mesh wheels from the JY. Wheels will be replaced soon for something a bit wider, but for $200+ a little paint, I get complements on them all the time.

Pics:

My brother, niece and I decorated it for halloween.

Fast and furious part layout picture for lulz

Interior so far. The back seat was my first ever time to sew leather, and my first back seat. I didn't think it turned out too great, but a lot of people liked it enough to start paying me to do their boats and cars.

Also working the first fiberglass speakerbox I know of using the process I did. All the spikes are usable air space. It is also the only box I know of that will fit a 15" sub in the trunk. That's my roommate's 5.0 turbo mustang in the background.

megaburb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the project is a 1995 nissan 240sx (s14 zenki) that I'm still waiting on the 6.0 chevy v8 to be built. I had Texas Drivetrain Performance beef up my t-56. I got the installation kit from SIKKY that comes with pretty much everything to fit the 6.0 in there without having to modify the body other than hammering on the trans tunnel. Motor mounts, oil pan and pick-up, headers, clutch lines, Power steering lines, wilwood clutch master cylinder, oil filter relocation kit, trans x member. PNP wiring harness by Wiring specialties. The interior will be black suede with brown leather inserts. I've only gotten the bottom of the back seat, headliner and sunroof visor done so far. I finished the back seat and then got bombarded by people wanting upholstery work.

The motor. I chose to go iron block for 2 reasons. The first being cost. The cheapest I could find an aluminum LSx used was $3500 (That's with over 100k miles on it) But my engine builder had a 6.0 iron block motor that he sold me for $150. $2750 later, it will have all brand new internals. I don't know the specs yet, but I do know it got upgraded roller rockers, cam, springs and a bit of port and polishing. I don't know if he is boring it or anything, but for a motor with all brand new internals for $2900 total isn't bad imo. The second reason I went with an iron block is because after I get used to a 450ish hp car that weighs about 1000lbs less than a vette, I will be going back through the engine with forged internals, boosting and shooting for 1000+hp at the wheels.

How the car sits now. Full suspension (coilovers, tension rods, rear upper control arms, toe rods and traction bars) chalkboard paint, and crown victoria mesh wheels from the JY. Wheels will be replaced soon for something a bit wider, but for $200+ a little paint, I get complements on them all the time.

Pics:

My brother, niece and I decorated it for halloween.

Fast and furious part layout picture for lulz

Interior so far. The back seat was my first ever time to sew leather, and my first back seat. I didn't think it turned out too great, but a lot of people liked it enough to start paying me to do their boats and cars.

Also working the first fiberglass speakerbox I know of using the process I did. All the spikes are usable air space. It is also the only box I know of that will fit a 15" sub in the trunk. That's my roommate's 5.0 turbo mustang in the background.

Sound like its going to be one sick car when its all wrapped up! What do the 240's have for a rear end? I had a 300zx and it was independent in the rear and with 15psi of boost and nos the half shafts would explode! Just curious if the rear end will handle a 6.0...

94' GMC MEGABURB

Kuma

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome's.

The rear end right now is a r200 LSD. From what I understand, it should hold the 450hp all day long. The weak point will be the axles. I can swap axles to the naturally aspirated 300zx or infiniti q45 if (When) they break. When I go turbo, I'll either buy an aftermarket clutch type LSD for about $1000, OR I will need to swap in a ford 8.8 from an IRS ford explorer and probably need axles custom made to make it reliable... But a lot of people run the r200 with NA 300zx axles in 800+whp set ups with little problems... They also drift more than drag, and we all know that it's when you hook up that you're more likely to break stuff.

megaburb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you got it all thought out lol. I'll for one want to see a video or pics when its all wrapped up!

94' GMC MEGABURB

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whoo another oklahomie "Home of the fastest street cars" Welcome from NE Oklahoma (Bartlesville) Whereabouts are ya from? Btw Nice truck and killer 240 project!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Whoo another oklahomie "Home of the fastest street cars" Welcome from NE Oklahoma (Bartlesville) Whereabouts are ya from? Btw Nice truck and killer 240 project!

"Fastest street cars"