New from Georgia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low98

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am not that new to the site just haven't introduced myself but I have been lurking around since the beginning. Figure I should introduce myself. I have a 98 Gmc C1500
You must be registered for see images

That my dad hydroplaned in on the way home from work about a month ago. Which I am in the process of selling. Then I have a 2000 GMC K2500

Which I got for a steal and is now my daily driver but it needs some work like most do.
I also just got a 95 GMC C3500 Crew cab dually

It originally came with a diesel but the engine messed up and the original owner took it or so it's no where to be found.

The main reason I introduced myself was to here some opinions on what engine I should put into the dually. Thinking anywhere from an ls to a cummins maybe even a duramax but that may be a little out of my price range. What are y'alls opinions on any engine swaps? All opinions are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
First of all.....man you might be that wall we all talk about. The saying if only these walls could talk? If you've been around since the beginning you've probably seen quite a bit here lol

Second. Welcome!

Third an LS engine in that dually might be under building it. An 8.1 maybe but they aren't easy to come by and get expensive quick as the aftermarket for them is limited and pricy.

Cummins would be an easier route. It's been done enough times that it's pretty much down tons science. There's a few members here that have recently done it or are still in the process.

A 454 would be the easiest and probably the most cost effective. It's really up to you and your wallet and what you want to see and drive.

I hope you find what you're looking for here and you have a great looking fleet. Keep us updated. We love swaps.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

low98

Reaction score
Yeah I want to do a 12v because I don't have to deal with the electronics. I plan on keeping the 4l80e so that means if only have to buy a controller for the transmission and the engine just needs like two wires to run. Looking at the prices for a cummins is ridiculous at least around me I think the cheapest is like 3k for one that has over 200k miles on it. I found an lq9 with 30k miles on it for 1500 which is a little more reasonable. I want to do the cummins but I'm not gonna pay that for an engine that I need to buy 2k parts worth of adaptor parts for. I am not in a rush to do this so I'm gonna keep an eye out for one but if nothing comes up it may get an ls swap just because I'm not gonna pay a ridiculous amount for a cummins no matter how much I want it.
I'm not gonna give up on it yet. Just gonna patient search the interwebs for engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
To be honest you're better off finding a cummins parts truck. If someone has one pulled they know what it's worth