New fella, Middle TN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twales

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I just inherited my late uncles 96 k1500 z71 (extended cab, green) truck. Needs lots of work and is at the transmission shop now getting the 4l60e rebuilt then i get to tackle the cooling system (leaks) and sort the AC. Motor runs like a swiss watch!!

I used to have a 96 k2500 suburban 7.4 and sadly let that go years back only to replace it with a 05 suburban 1500 z71. Nothing wild at all planned for my uncles truck, get it sorted and simply drive and smile while thinking about him. I have always loved square body trucks since I was a kid and am stoked about having this 96 in the stable. I have a first year OBS powerstroke for heavy hauling duties. I have enjoyed the reading so far on the website.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I just inherited my late uncles 96 k1500 z71 (extended cab, green) truck. Needs lots of work and is at the transmission shop now getting the 4l60e rebuilt then i get to tackle the cooling system (leaks) and sort the AC. Motor runs like a swiss watch!!

I used to have a 96 k2500 suburban 7.4 and sadly let that go years back only to replace it with a 05 suburban 1500 z71. Nothing wild at all planned for my uncles truck, get it sorted and simply drive and smile while thinking about him. I have always loved square body trucks since I was a kid and am stoked about having this 96 in the stable. I have a first year OBS powerstroke for heavy hauling duties. I have enjoyed the reading so far on the website.
Welcome. Pics?

twales

Reaction score
No current pictures, didn't think about snapping any when I towed it from my Aunts directly to the transmission shop. I did dig up some old pics from several years back when my Uncle and I re-decked my trailer. Background, still looks the same.

Leather interior (drivers seat isn't even torn) with third door. Does have high miles, i think it was somewhere north of 270k.

Attachments

• z1.jpg
    z1.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 14
  • z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 14