new engine build need suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
What grind would you reccomend Ryan?

Honestly I'm not a complete cam guru so I always go to my guy which has a company called Custom Cams and tell him exactly what I'm doing with the build, how I drive it, and how much power I'm shooting for. He does wonderful work and his cams are killer. Let me do a search and see if he has a website. But after using his cams and seeing others that get him to build them a cam, I'm just a believer in getting a cam cut just for my rig versus a off the shelf universal cam. I also am a really big fan of Bullet Cams, they do wonderful work as well and custom cuts.

cviola2005

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its not showing much of a difference between Compression Ratios. Mainly because its only .5:1 difference. But here they are, sorry it took me an extra day.

Top is 9.5:1 Bottom is 10:1.

You must be registered for see images attach

Factoring in the 10% variance at 9.5:1CR, you may have anywhere from 274.5HP / 423Ft Lbs to 335.5HP / 517Ft Lbs.

You must be registered for see images attach

Factoring in the 10% variance at 10:1CR you may have anywhere from 281.7HP / 429.3Ft Lbs to 334.3HP / 524.7Ft Lbs.

Being that you are looking for lowend torque, I'd say taht this setup should please you very well.

Last edited:

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those torque numbers look good, hp seems a bit low but the only thing that concerns me is the torque peaking at 2000. Maybe i should bump up to the next size cam. How accurate are the rpm range numbers compared to an actual dyno

cviola2005

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got this software from my engine builder. Tim Hartley of Midstate Motors Works in Cookeville,TN. He uses it and told me within 10%. After using it, building my motor, and dnoing it, he was right.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo