New cab 97 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I almost thought I was gonna lose my trusty Rusty 97 the other day. Rr can mount disappeared! Can dropped, unfortunately not enuff good metal to weld in anything to hold it in and ontop of that the mount on the frame broke too. I've put almost everything else on the truck with a no rust newer part, engine runs tip top, new trans shifts flawless and rear end is a posi ( not the gov lock one, this has springs in it) frame is solid ( except the piece of bracket under rr cab mount obviously) . I was so upset , I LOVE my truck! The OBS in my opinion is the best looking chev besides an old square body nd u can't replace em up here. Well I stumbled upon a rust free 3 door cab with title so it'll get swapped on and legally done. I'm gonna prep and bedline the WHOLE cab while it's off, underneath, firewall, back if cab and all. Going to use a military sand color, going to use tinted raptor . Bed is gonna get same treatment new fenders on the way , hood is pretty nice but I'll be body working and filling in reckless holes drilled in bed as I go. I'm stoked to end up with a rust free OBS, that's like owning a bugatti up here!
Any tips ,trick,ideas, or things to look out for while I'm going thru this process? I've never done can swap so kinda winging it, I am a mechanic so I'm not scared not lacking skill, just haven't done this particular part before. I have a two post titan lift in my garage so it'll make life ALOT easier I'm sure.