New 97 silverado, pics with drop shackles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
just picked up a 97 4x4 silverado today with 118k, thinking of putting drop shackles on it. it has leveling keys but i like the look of having drop shackles on the back. Anyone on here running a setup similar to that? and do not respond with why lower a 4x4 or why not just keep it level. I like the subtle squat look so i dont want to crank the keys anymore so i figured drop shackles is the way to go

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Your gonna Be hard pressed to find someone who goes that route with 4x4 trucks around here.

GMFS has plenty of guys who are into that look.

.....:cool:why lower a 4x4 or why not just keep it level? (just because you said not to)

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Actually, I need to drop mine a couple of inches in the back too. Previous owner added a leaf to the rear springs, which works great when towing my 5th wheel, but it still sits a bit high. I would like to drop it a couple of inches to level the trailer.
As for the squat look, it is the style in some places now...not my taste, prefer it level
You must be registered for see images attach

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Have fun getting the bolts out is all I'm gonna say I attempted It and ended up leaving it alone

Sent my 3/4 ton iPhone