Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Back in January my 98 ecsb was parked in front of my girlfriends house and there was a knock on the door at around 10pm. I just knew somebody hit my truck, I even said I'll get it someone probably hit my truck. Sure enough I was right. The good news is that the people that live across the street own a bodyshop. Well it was one of the owners that hit me he backed right into the extended cab behind my driver door. Well they said they would fix it for free and I figured ok. So no report was filed and there was nothing written about it. So I took it to them and they "fixed" the damage. Well they knew I take my truck off road and they said if I did that the bondo would mess up. So about a month later it started cracking. I hadn't gone off road or anything and they are trying to blame me and not fix it.
So I just need some other opinions on if the bondo looks messed up when I got the truck back. I would also like to know if anybody sells the whole ext cab panel for my truck.

So tell me is the bondo messed up or am I just trying to see it messed up to make me happy.

this is the damage
You must be registered for see images attach

before

after(taken the night I picked it up)

I'm thinking I am seeing some distortion of the light in the area where they did the work.
The bondo is cracking right at the body lines. Please somebody tell me what the deal is.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason bondo should crack is if they put too much on or too much hardener in.

Did they straighten out the panel before they bondo'd it? I would hope so, but some shops are cheap.

bai78

Surviving...
Reaction score
These aren't necessarily the best pics to really see the work. It appears they just half assed the job.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
:word: From what I see they didn't straighten the panel out at all before dumping body filler on there :nono:

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it seems to be just bondo globed on there and painted,and to much hardner will make it crack up i did this one time for a buddy for the first time and it cranked up.Hell if i where you see what realy behide that bondo and do it the right way ,it would be a same to see that badass chevy like that.You can also back up into there **** and tell them you will fix it and half ass too lol

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Thanks guys ya it ****** me off a little that they are doing this but in the end it's whatever.
So does anybody know if there is a place that sells this panel. I am thinking that I could just buy the panel and have them put it on there for me.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did some looking for ya man, and I couldn't find any patch panels. Your best bet would be to get a donor patch from a junkyard somewhere.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
thanks. I looked everywhere I could think and couldn't find nothing. Was just wondering if somebody knew something that I didn't

71 cuda man

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I hate to be so blunt but I hope the guy bought you dinner & drinks before screwing you.Without a report you kind of SOL.Chalk it up as a learning lesson.WE ALL BEEN THERE.Now you know the guy is a scumbag.The good news is its not that bad .Shouldn't be a hard fix from what I see.If you lived close I fix it for you.First you need to see how they fixed it .Take interior panel off & see if they knocked out dent.If not go get some body hammers & dollies,maybe a slide hammer & spot welder.If you aren't sure how to do body work you might see if any post on you tube.Just remember anything can be fixed it just takes time & patience.Its not like you can screw it up anymore than what it is .
ps your truck looks bad a**