Need help with braking problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
He could always just turn off the engine while in gear at every stop. It would be like a GMT Prius.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Well, that scenario might work for some places. Here in Ontario, the ditches are more hazardous than hitting a solid object. They aren't mowed 4 to 1 slopes like most of the Interstate I have driven.

You might have blasted rock, or a couple of hundred foot drop with old rotten wood posts and wire to help slow your descent into hell.

In most of the newer highway construction in Ontario, galvanized flex beam bolted to galvanized I beams driven in the ground is the flavor of the week.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Wow, then build a roll cage in it too! So GMT Prius with a rollcage, who needs brakes at that point?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Shouldn't be that big of a concern in Canada though, trade off on having crappy ditches is having free health insurance! So what if you crash into one and are in critical condition, Canada's got you bro.

Edv97wt

Reaction score
Hey guys

I've got a 1998 rcsb 2wd Silverado. When I press brakes the truck Pulls to right side and so does the steering wheel. I've done some research and a lot of ppl say the flex hose that attaches to caliber can brake down and cause this issue. I tried to bleed it but bleeder screw is seized and stripped. Question is should I replace both calipers when I do the hose? Also can anymore tell me how to replace the flex hose. I'm not sure how it connects to the hard line. Mine is full of rust. Looks like a thin nut that connects them?

Thanks!

At the very least the calipers and flex hoses...with all that rust you may need lines too.