NEED HELP !!! Idling problem driving me crazy!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
The 96 and up vortec engines did not have a pickup coil in the distributor like the TBI pickups did. Spark timing and control is based off of the crankshaft position sensor. Have you tried unplugging the MAF sensor and starting/driving it?

RedLeader289

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 96 and up vortec engines did not have a pickup coil in the distributor like the TBI pickups did. Spark timing and control is based off of the crankshaft position sensor. Have you tried unplugging the MAF sensor and starting/driving it?

Learn something new every day!

Ryan Moilanen

Reaction score
I actually did just get a new mass air flow sensor... and now I got a check engine light for a p0172 I guess that my bank 1 running rich

TKerr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you bench tested the TPS? Have you checked grounds? What are O2 sensor voltages?
Bad ground will have you chasing multiple issue. Also check your voltage to make sure it is not dipping when the truck warms up. Check at both alternator and battery.

Ryan Moilanen

Reaction score
Throttle position sensor ?... in my live data my throttle percent seems fine whenever I push the pedal.. or should I hook up a multimeter to it? And I’ll upload some pics of the fuel trims and o2 sensors.. and I’m a little lost on the ground thing is there any specific ground that usually would go out, I googled and there’s a crap ton the these chevys

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
It's possible you have injectors sticking open or the fuel pressure regulator is leaking.