Need exhaust ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polariskid93

Reaction score
Need some exhaust ideas, gonna have custom exhaust Meade, just don't know what to put on the Blazer,
Some ideas I had
Magna flow hi flow
And possibly true dials
But wanna hear some more ideas before I do anything!
Has 350 tbi

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Bleh true duals :bs:. I run a Y pipe into a single SSS Adrenaline muffler right now. I needed something and it was at the shop, free. Had it from a damaged system off a Mustang I repaired. I'm uploading a clip, took it today. Was the last time my truck will run until the SAS is complete. I've also got one of an open system, Y pipe only. My favorite SOUND is an H pipe into a pair of single chamber Flows. The most power you will make will be an X pipe into your good flowing muffler of choice. If you live somewhere that emissions aren't important then ditch the cat. If you need it try to find a higher flowing unit. Not that it makes more noticeable power but it will really help the sound.

This is no cat or muffler, Y pipe only.
You must be registered for see images attach

The one of the SSS muffler is uploading, I'll add it when finished.

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so your saying you should run an x pipe before the mufflers? Well I dont mean to jack your thread or anything i just wanna know something. I am running 2.5 inch from the headers to the mufflers with high flow magna flow cats...cause i have to... and they dump into 2 44 series flowmasters then to 3inch after the muffler. Do you see anything wrong with that set up? would a x pipe help me? or even and H pipe.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It would help equalize the pressure between the two sides and cut down on that popping sound you hear if you downshift the truck and come to a stop.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
so your saying you should run an x pipe before the mufflers? Well I dont mean to jack your thread or anything i just wanna know something. I am running 2.5 inch from the headers to the mufflers with high flow magna flow cats...cause i have to... and they dump into 2 44 series flowmasters then to 3inch after the muffler. Do you see anything wrong with that set up? would a x pipe help me? or even and H pipe.

X pipe would give you the most power. It will also smooth out the idle. You should use a mid pipe, they improve every aspect of the engine. More power, economy and engine life. If you like a little chop, use the H pipe. For the best performance, X pipe is the only way to go. Since I'm not sure of your trucks year, you might be able to ditch a good bit of weight. If you have a pre-96 truck then toss one of the cats, run the headers into an X pipe, run the remaining cat after the mid pipe and use your choice of mufflers. If you aren't as concerned about getting a choppy sound then you could run the headers into a Y, the cat after the Y, a 1 in 2 out muffler and drop more weight while keeping dual tips.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need the cats as close to the engine as possible, otherwise they will not get hot enough to do their job. So put them before the x if you want to run one. Its not necessary on these trucks, but I wont start that up again just keep the converters as close to the engine as possible.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Ideally you want the cat to be before the mid pipe. But if you are only using one cat put it after the two banks join. If you are running a pre-96 truck then you only have one cat. The manifolds join at the Y pipe, the cat is immediately after that. Running two cats will mean one is useless(from an engine management stand point) since you don't have another O2 sensor plug. You can leave the cat on only one bank if you want but it will create a little more resistance for whichever bank it is on. Not really a huge deal for a stock TBI truck but it makes a little difference. Since you don't have a rear O2 sensor you can really just toss the cat unless you have to pass emissions. What I said is for emission purposes. If you go with a dual exhaust system and use only one cat in front of the mid pipe it won't pass emissions.

Reaction score
Don't know if your set on mufflers yet, I'm running Flowmaster 40 series-the originals, no tail pipes just turndowns. I've had other brands but keep going back to that flowmaster sound.