NBS dual display rear view mirrors. COMPASS/TEMPERATURE several sets for obs swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i got several of these mirrors ive collected over time.
i have THREE 7pin flat style dual display mirrors.
and i have TWO of the 16pin square style plug dual display mirrors.

80shipped for the 7pin style.
60shipped for the 16pin style.
2bucks extra for the OBS temp sensors your choice. or if you dont need a temp sensor 5bucks less.
local pickup, brownsburg, IN 46112 take 10bucks off for local pickup.

the 7pins are perfect for OBS single display but with bot temp and compass for a simple plug and play swap to have dual display. BUT will not be direct replacement if you only have standard compass mirror. you will need to do some wiring. still very easy!

the 16pin style mirrors are perfect for those NBS trucks that have the passenger air bag display that you hate. its a direct plug and play.

ALL MIRRORS COME WITH MIRROR/PIGTAIL for mirror/ TEMP SENSOR/PIGTAIL for temp sensor. only thing i dont have for ever mirror is the wire cover that goes between the mirror and headliner to hide the wires. not really that noticable tho. but i do have a few.
you can wire these into any vehicle with just 4 wires! THATS ALL. the other wires are not needed in the harness. the only thing i am aware of that will not function is the REVERSE AUTODIM DISABLE, which only turns off the auto dim feature when backing up. but lets face it most people just turn there head when backing up at night. thats all i do!
just power/ground, and a pair of wires ran from the mirror to the temp sensor that you mount infront of the radiator support behind the grill.

AND I HAVE TWO DIFFERENT STYLE TEMP SENSORS! 2bucks more for the OBS temp sensors since they are harder to find and alot more stealthy for instal. the NBS temp sensors are a blue color and a bit harder to hide.
You must be registered for see images attach

afew of those pics might be old. id have to go round all my mirrors up together and take new pictures, but ya get the deal!

this is the one i have on my truck. just to show what DUAL DISPLAY is. and if your mirror does not say COMPASS/TEMP then it is not a simple plug and play! yours is not wired for temperature if it says COMPASS/AUTO! you will have to do some wiring work.
BUT to make it easier you can REPIN the older 7pin flat style connectors really easy with a simple paper clip. just push out the 2 wires you need out of my pigtail and then slide them into your harness plug and then run the 2 wires to the temp sensor upfront where ever you put it!

Last edited:

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
THIS IS HOW YOU WIRE THEM UP TO WORK
7pin flat connector style
GM wire harness color // function

PIN 1 PINK // POWER +12 volts

PIN 2 BK // CHASSIS, GND

PIN 3 LT GRN // BACKUP LIGHTS

PIN 4 GY // TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR

PIN 5 PINK // TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR

PIN 6 DR GRN/WT // TEMP PROBE

PIN 7 BK/WT // TEMP PROBE
you only need to hook up 4 wires on the mirror, power and ground and the other 2 wires run to the temp sensor where ever you mount it. best to put it infront of the grill.

PIN 1 PINK // POWER +12 volts

PIN 2 BK // CHASSIS, GND

PIN 6 DR GRN/WT // TEMP PROBE

PIN 7 BK/WT // TEMP PROBE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16pin square connector
for the 16pin square plug heres how to wire it up for the compass/temp and autodimming to work.

YELLOW +POWER
BLACK -NEGATIVE
BLACK W/WHITE STRIP TEMP SENSOR WIRE
GREEN W/WHITE STRIP TEMP SENSOR WIRE
you dont have to wire the other wires in for these to work for the COMPASS/TEMPERATURE AND AUTODIMMING TO WORK. ;)

ALSO TIP FOR WIRING which i prefer SPEAKER WIRE decent gauge of course dont use that tiny stuff. but i prefer speaker wire because its 2 wires molded together so VERY EASY to run and route together instead of having 2 different wires. and you can see the wire silver or copper color to keep track of wires use. like silver for power and copper for ground. at least thats how i always wire my extras with speaker wire. simple run power to the fuse box either tie into a unused fuse spot that has power with the ignition. (i myself used my factory daytime driving light fuse slot since i removed the fuse, just a simple male spade terminal into the power side and of course slap a inline fuse on the power wire just to be safe!)
its really very easy. ive sold quite a few of these over the years on fsc. they are always a nice addition to any vehicle! i put one on my dads oldsmobile last year since he used to have that monster compass on the dash and be been begging for me to put one in for afew years.LOL he loves it. no more clunky compass velcroed to the dash and he has a temp display to see exterior temp and most of all he loves the autodimming! no more flopping the mirrors day night tab throwing off the mirror position every time!

Last edited: