My new 1996 k2500 eclb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Just finished reading through the thread. Truck is looking great man. Just wondering if you have any plans for the cab lights on the parts truck? I have a harness but no lights themselves lol Same question about the mirrors well as long as they are manual ones that is..

Thanks, looking at pictures now compared to when I got it makes me feel a little better lol.
I was kind of thinking about saving the lights but to be honest, if you want them, I'd probably part with them. By the time I got a project I'd want them for they'd be buried so deep in a box I'd never be able to find them. PM or facebook me your postal code and I'll look into a shipping cost.

And you're interested in the black 95+ mirrors? Only have one good one now and I plan on keeping it. They are a horrible design (look and work great, but are flimsy) and I go through them fairly regularly lol. If I decide to go with tow mirrors I'll keep you in mind. Seriously thinking about it...

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Thanks, looking at pictures now compared to when I got it makes me feel a little better lol.
I was kind of thinking about saving the lights but to be honest, if you want them, I'd probably part with them. By the time I got a project I'd want them for they'd be buried so deep in a box I'd never be able to find them. PM or facebook me your postal code and I'll look into a shipping cost.

And you're interested in the black 95+ mirrors? Only have one good one now and I plan on keeping it. They are a horrible design (look and work great, but are flimsy) and I go through them fairly regularly lol. If I decide to go with tow mirrors I'll keep you in mind. Seriously thinking about it...

You have a pm

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Little update. Slowly gaining in the gas mileage department. After removing muffler (true dual straight pipes with stock cats), tweaking my intake a little bit and the throttle body mod, up to 14.5 miles per gallon unloaded. So about 1 to 1.5 mpg better. Not bad for a gas 2500 with 4.10s.

My intake is better than it was but I still don't like the bend before the factory airbox so I think I might fab something from scratch, should be pretty easy. I need o2 sensors (intermittently throwing codes, which isn't good), and some new plugs wouldn't hurt. I was pricing out new tires recently, too, and am undecided if I'll go with Dick Cepek Mud Country or another set of Kelly Safari TSR. Either way they'll be 285/75R16 and should match my 4.10s a little better than my current 265s.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Little update. Slowly gaining in the gas mileage department. After removing muffler (true dual straight pipes with stock cats), tweaking my intake a little bit and the throttle body mod, up to 14.5 miles per gallon unloaded. So about 1 to 1.5 mpg better. Not bad for a gas 2500 with 4.10s.

My intake is better than it was but I still don't like the bend before the factory airbox so I think I might fab something from scratch, should be pretty easy. I need o2 sensors (intermittently throwing codes, which isn't good), and some new plugs wouldn't hurt. I was pricing out new tires recently, too, and am undecided if I'll go with Dick Cepek Mud Country or another set of Kelly Safari TSR. Either way they'll be 285/75R16 and should match my 4.10s a little better than my current 265s.

personaly id go kellys i think they last longer but have you looked into the hankook dynapro atms those are a nice tire

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
personaly id go kellys i think they last longer but have you looked into the hankook dynapro atms those are a nice tire

I haven't. Are you running them? How do they hold up for wear?

As for the Kellys, I really, really like my 265s. I'm definitely leaning towards them again (285s). They seem to have extremely good traction (which is hard to get in an open-diff ECLB, believe me. It's like a schoolbus in a blizzard...)

They appear to be pretty tough, too. I haven't been able to punch a hole in one yet, which is surprising (if you saw the places I drive, you'd be surprised too).

Either way I won't be getting them tomorrow or anything, but you never know...

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
I haven't. Are you running them? How do they hold up for wear?

As for the Kellys, I really, really like my 265s. I'm definitely leaning towards them again (285s). They seem to have extremely good traction (which is hard to get in an open-diff ECLB, believe me. It's like a schoolbus in a blizzard...)

They appear to be pretty tough, too. I haven't been able to punch a hole in one yet, which is surprising (if you saw the places I drive, you'd be surprised too).

Either way I won't be getting them tomorrow or anything, but you never know...

i almost bought the hankooks but ended up going with more of a mud tire... i LOVED my kellys when i had never shoulda sold them but truck blew up and i needed a new vehicle and so i sold the tires and bought my 98

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Small update...

Current project is rigging up some kind of an electric fan setup. I happen to have a set of 3.1 Grand Prix fans but I have my doubts if they'll do the job. It doesn't stay hot here for long in the summer but I have seen close to 40 degrees before, and peace of mind is always nice, so I may just take a trip to a junkyard and find something off a v8. The 3.1 fans might do the trick but...I don't like overheating.

I was pricing out wiring kits but for $75 or more I'm thinking I can make something up with what I've got kicking around my shed and toolbox. Shouldn't be too difficult.

On the hunt for a good set of factory grey door panels. I have a dash and pretty much everything else to convert from blue, but no door panels. I can't stand the ugly, weathered blue, and it's all cracked and wore-out anyways.

I'm also close to pulling the trigger on a set of towing mirrors. The stock ones I have aren't cutting it. That is currently waiting on funds, but they will happen soon.

Last edited:

92gmc4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
heres my e fan setup on my 2500;
You must be registered for see images attach

two fans out of older pontiacs like lumina vans, ive towed alot and beaten the piss out of it and it never over heats

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
heres my e fan setup on my 2500;
You must be registered for see images attach

two fans out of older pontiacs like lumina vans, ive towed alot and beaten the piss out of it and it never over heats

Interesting. I might give it a try, I dunno, I can always swap them out for something else if I have to. I haven't decided what kind of a setup I'll end up doing yet, regarding thermostats etc.