My name is William....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
Now you need to find a gmt800 has body damage so that you can take out the 5.3 with a 4l60e or better yet the 6.0 with the 4l80e and do a swap to the one that has the bad motor . Sorry I am an LS fanatic. After I did the 5.3 swap to my '94 C1500, there is NO turning back

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Then you would love my build.

I'm making enough money overseas to get out of debt in about 6 to 7 months and make enough left over for the stroker crank for the LQ4 I have.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Slowly getting there; my K2500 DD, and my K1500 Suburban sitting in the yard...technically the Burb is my dad's now, but I'm still gonna dump money in it when I can.

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found more exciting stuff on the Burb.

We had to go get a load of sand in the dump trailer on Monday . So I took a look at the wiring. I found this mess.
You must be registered for see images attach

It had been on fire at one point. Lucky me.

So I sliced all the wiring out and fortunately had a new 7 pin connector in the shop.

We headed down to get the sand. I drove the tractor, the wive drive the Burb. The trailer brakes worked perfect - till we got to the guys house with the sand.

After I loaded 8000 pounds of sand on the trailer and we headed to deliver it the trailer brakes failed. Nothing scarier than being on a 2600 pound tractor and stopping and heating the probably 12000 pound truck sliding up at me with the brakes locked and my wife looking like her set was electrically charged. FYI - A Ford 1720 does not accelerate all that fast from a dead stop.

Today I went out and finally had time to look at it. Turns out the brake controller was fried. So $110 later it works now. No I don't cheap out on brake controllers. They are life savers.

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Soooo the C2500, now named TheKracken, had a bad case of diarrhea today.

She got her name because a PO lived in Florida and used her to put boats in the ocean. She has the rust to prove it.

Yesterday the rear end started singing. Today I pumped in 3/4 gallon of gear oil and was treated to this.

No problem, says I, I have one hanging on the kitchen wall as a decoration.

So I pulled the leaker off, and found a hole.

Tiny, but enough to leak.
Then I grabbed the other cover, See a problem?

I called around and no one had one. I ordered one from NAPA. It will be here tomorrow.

I drank beer for the rest of the day.

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bad news. TheKracken is wounded badly. When the radiator went out it did more damage than we thought. Blown head gasket.

Since I have the K2500 I am going to repair it. It will be a better work truck and 4wd to boot. It needs headgaskets so it will be the same amount of work either way.

I will fix TheKracken later.