My GMT400 truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy 97

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab short box 4x4. So for the only things I have done is to put new springs on the rear, I added two extra leaf to the stock 4 +1 that came on my truck, I have a 5.7L with the dreaded 4L60E, and a 14 bolt SF rear end. I changed the vacuum booster to hydro-boost this summer, I changed the alternator to a 140 amp instead of the stock 100 amp. I went to delphi injectors, because mine were leaking, I had to change the fuel pump earlier this year so I went with a 250 LPH Walbro fuel pump. Future plans are to put the 0411 pcm on plus e-fans, up grade to a 4L80E transmission. Still undecided about the engine yet.
You must be registered for see images attach

Since I added the springs I did put new shocks on at the time, I blew out one, so I went to Rancho shocks on the rear, so far so good with those, going to have to do the same with the front, noticed I have one starting to leak. I gained a little extra height so I cranked up the front to level it out a little. Need to get the proper keys for the front for the torsion bars.

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
:welcome: I like what you have already done to the truck. Simple stuff that makes it perform better. She has a lot of potential.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Hmm I didn't even notice that at first. I don't think I've ever seen that color combo.

I had seen it in the "deluxe" two tone, the one where the bottom two-tone matches the hood, roof, and pillars etc with the fenders/doors being the alternate color, but not in the standard two-tone.

Chevy 97

Reaction score
I had seen it in the "deluxe" two tone, the one where the bottom two-tone matches the hood, roof, and pillars etc with the fenders/doors being the alternate color, but not in the standard two-tone.

When we bought the truck in Montana, That was the only truck I have seen in the color. We moved to Alberta, I thought the same, There are two other trucks the same color as ours in the Lacombe area. I looked at one of them, it was pretty beat up. Right now I left the grille guard off. Going to put it back on though, Protection on the front from deer.:cool: