my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95_gmc_ecsb

Reaction score
Lol, i got a letter one day that said i had just over four grand sitting in an old 401k from a long past job. Naturally, i cashed it out to start bagging :) If it wernt for that, itd be painted and static...lol

Man I wish something happened like that to me! haha I told my wife I want to use our next tax return to fund my project and she told me no because that money would be for our baby... Long story short, that's how I found out my wife is pregnant lol

95_gmc_ecsb

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to make an itemized list of everything I'm going to need so I can price everything out to see how much I need to save. I've been looking at the Nfamus custom 3 link and also the the 4 link system from michigan metal works. Any opinions or other rear links I should be looking at? I know for sure I'll be getting the watts link but are all watts links bolt on or is there a weld on one? and bill, you have two 5 gallon tanks right? Are you happy with that or do you wish you had more air?

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to make an itemized list of everything I'm going to need so I can price everything out to see how much I need to save. I've been looking at the Nfamus custom 3 link and also the the 4 link system from michigan metal works. Any opinions or other rear links I should be looking at? I know for sure I'll be getting the watts link but are all watts links bolt on or is there a weld on one? and bill, you have two 5 gallon tanks right? Are you happy with that or do you wish you had more air?

right around christmas time a lot of the vendors will offer free shipping on their stuff. i saved $125 last winter by getting in on free shipping from Nfamus. my advice would be to save, then when a vendor you have in mind offers a sale or free shipping... jump on it. Fittings i would suggest buying asap.. the cost on those only go up :/

Reaction score
What he said^^^^

And i have two five gallon tanks, with an EDC they would be fine.. but with dual compressors they suck. They will fill the bags just enough for a full lift.. but then the tanks are empty and the compressors take forever to fill em back up. Save yourself a headache and run an EDC.. thats my only regreat. And go with 3/8 valves.. youll be happier..lol 1/2 is to fkn fast

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Hey Bill, I got a question for you. DeWayne, you can answer too since you've shaved yours.

How did you plug the hole from the fender mounted antenna? Did you weld a piece of metal in there, or did you fiberglass it? About how tough was it and how much time did it take?

Someone stole my shorty antenna a few years ago, and since then I've been wanting to shave it and go to a hidden antenna. Any pointers or tips you guys have would be awesome. Thinking I might get this done the same time as my Esky roof rack and painted rear bumper.