my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Well... it started raining as soon as i got off work, so much for mowing the yard.. got bored and was looken around in the shed.. figured id go ahead and try sanding on the dash.
Started out with a piece of 80 grit by hand. Epic fail.. paper cloged up in about a minute.. so i tried the orbital with 120.. that didnt work that great. So i tried 60 grit. YES!! 60 grit and an orbital eats down that plastic cow sack looking texture nicely :) i tried the 120 after it and it smoothes out super slick!

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
And this is where it stands now with just 60 grit and an hour of sanding.. the top has the deepest texture so thats where i started. Three pieces of 60 grit.. im saving the used 60 grit for the sides and front pieces because i noticed they have barely any texture and the used paper knocks those areas down quick. This is just a pic of one hour with 60 grit...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
sewlow58, what size tires and rims in the sig pic? Thats a sweet *** looking truck you have there sir!

Damn! Sorry man. I missed this!
Those are 20's. 8.5" & 10" wide, 255/45 & 295/40. Boss 338's.

Thanks for the compliments! Hopefully I can get some time to work on it this winter!

Have you vented that cool new fill neck?
Like this.

Reaction score
Finally got the rough sanding done, smoothed out the ridged areas in the glove box area.. got some shaven to do now at this point before i start smoothing the plastic :)

Reaction score
After forgeting id left the old suicide hinges in the corner, i played hell cutting them out..
Then i started grinding away for the new antenna home.
I picked my pipe size by usen a piece left over from the fender/ fan shroud id done.. used a framing square against the tube to mark where itd go into the body while holding the pipe up where i wanted it. Also markes the cab along the nackside of the pipe for where the top would be. And in the center of those marks i marked the width of the pipe, used a grinder from the center and went in connecting the top and bottom marks then slowly tapered that line out each side to the pipe width. Once close to the desired cut i kept checking with the pipe till it was just enough to slide the pipe in and out straight up and down, yet still snug.

Reaction score
Once its done, i marked it with a sharpie along the body.. i used a sharpie because it wont go flush marking, giving me some play room for welding and grinding.. I used a washer that was slightly bigger than the pipe and had the perfect size hole for the power antenna... stood the pipe up centered on the washer and welded them mofos together :)