My '71 Monte Carlo SS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Fine looking machine there, champ. I absolutely love that you kept the engine orange after the freshen up. Very modest buildup, with a mild cam and the manifolds. I'll bet it's a very nice cruiser.

You know, my Chevelle is your Monte's little brother...same A body platform, just a little more door.

Again, gorgeous car, and thanks for sharing.

Bruce

Reaction score
I love it! I need it! I want it! Please!
My 71 350 4BBL one owner (me) loves your car and so do I.
Bruce

Champ

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! She's not perfect, but she's an absolute blast to drive.

Sweet ride! I've got a '70 with the 400 small block and a TH350, also numbers matching. Love these cars.

Funny enough, my dad also has a '70 with the 400!

Sweet Jesus

I only wish it actually looked that good in person.

Fine looking machine there, champ. I absolutely love that you kept the engine orange after the freshen up. Very modest buildup, with a mild cam and the manifolds. I'll bet it's a very nice cruiser.

You know, my Chevelle is your Monte's little brother...same A body platform, just a little more door.

Again, gorgeous car, and thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot! Yep, she's a great highway blaster. I'm a big fan of GM orange, and the car is so original, I wouldn't have felt right changing the block colour anyway. It's unbelievable how many parts interchange between Montes and Chevelles. Trunk lid, front bumper, dash...I'd love to see a picture of your car.

I love it! I need it! I want it! Please!
My 71 350 4BBL one owner (me) loves your car and so do I.
Bruce

Thanks Bruce! Are you by any chance a member of the FGMCC?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Beautiful car, very nice job!!!!!!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I absolutely love that you kept the engine orange after the freshen up.

It's almost a requirement IMO, old Chevys just need that Chevy orange paint! Did the same with my 400.

You must be registered for see images attach

Funny enough, my dad also has a '70 with the 400!

No way, small world! Tell him congrats on the rarest engine option for '70 by far! 400 SBC crew represent! :gr_grin:

Also like you mentioned to Bruce, FGMCC (First Generation Monte Carlo Club) is a great resource for these cars. Kind of like this site for GMT400s. I've been a member there for a while.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
It's almost a requirement IMO, old Chevys just need that Chevy orange paint! Did the same with my 400.

No way, small world! Tell him congrats on the rarest engine option for '70 by far! 400 SBC crew represent! :gr_grin:

Also like you mentioned to Bruce, FGMCC (First Generation Monte Carlo Club) is a great resource for these cars. Kind of like this site for GMT400s. I've been a member there for a while.
The owner who had my 81 before me put a new motor in and painted the block orange. I thought it was pretty sweet. Those little details are so cool

Champ

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've been a member for around three years I think, and I thought I recognized Bruce's car and story from the message board, so that's why I asked. I definitely didn't expect to find another member on here!

The owner who had my 81 before me put a new motor in and painted the block orange. I thought it was pretty sweet. Those little details are so cool

The orange makes it go faster! :boti:

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score

Yyyup. The 350 in my Chevelle is orange too, from oil pan to the carb flange on my Edelbrock Performer RPM intake. Same orange as this block, not the reddish orange.