My 1993 Chevy Silverado Z-71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this isnt the exact place to post this build thread but im here to get help and pointer and in the build part im the only one who can post... That means its not really gonna help me out

Well anyways i bought a 93 K1500 for 150 bucks couldnt resist the price the truck was basically body and frame i had another just like it but a straight shift that basically needs wiring and a new body and frame (it was totalled once before) the cab is warped wiring is tore cut And useless so im gonna try to save as much headache as possible convert the truck to a straight shift...

ive had a couple of people tell me i was gonna have trouble getting the truck to crank because of it being a 4L60E truck theres a sensor that will keep it from cranking if it dont show that it is in park??? Idk but i guess thats what im here for to find stuff like this out anyways i got a few pics to share of what i have so far...

Basically what i started with
You must be registered for see images attach

My engine

After a good days worth of work

If someone has any pointers please feel free to throw your input in im on a budget and any way i can save money id be interested in trying the whole trans plug thing is bothering me but like i said i have no idea about that whole deal

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys not much of an update will be a few day till i can get back on the project monday night i drove my brothers 1992 GMC Z71 to work on my way home crossing two major intersections a drunk driver hit me right in front of the rear tire nearly head on, it spon the truck around ripped the shackles off the frame, bent the rear end housing, bent the shock, pulled the driveshaft out of the transmission, put a whole in the tire, and bent the wheel.

What the truck looked like before the wreck.

This is the wreck site.

Theres how far the rear end got pushed back.

The shackles.

Rear shackle.

Leaf spring bent.

Driveshaft.

Rear end housing chunk of metal gone.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah im fine bruised hip mild concusion spent the night in the hospital missed a night of work get to find out whats gonna happen with the truck tomorrow hopefully we will get to keep it and fix it we have the shackles and all to fix it on my parts truck just cant touch it right now

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Oh Man that sucks!!! Glad to hear your OK. And I hope the truck will get repaired and not totaled by the insurance company.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my motor trans and transfer case installed this week end im gonna put up some pictures asap sorry for slackin off the thread but ive been extremely busy

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Wow, glad your ok... I just don't understand some drivers :nono:

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sitting the motor in

My shifter and hole

As she sits now waiting to get my throttle body built and new computer installed

My motor as of now still trying to figure out most of the wiring