My 1988 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Any pictures of how you made the mounts or have these seats mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The floor pan was chopped and re-welded. The trans tunnel on the passenger side was notched. I used the rails from the dodge seats and drilled new mounting holes in the floor. Welded a plate and nut to the underside side of the floor so the seats aren't pulling on a small area of sheet metal. I'll throw more picture up when i start refinishing the seats. Post 34 has a pic of the passenger side.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Got some work done on the drivers door pan. Heat worked wonders for getting that vinyl off.

panel stripped down.
You must be registered for see images attach

Dug out the wife's old sewing machine from when she was a kid. Haven't used one in about 12 or so years but the lower quilted part came out pretty good. I need to see if the sewing machine will take a double needle setup to make my life easier.

Not glued yet.

Here is the panel dyed and the green piping attached with the quilted piece laid over top.

During the week i'm going to be drawing and 3d printing some of the small trim pieces on the door that are missing. The panels are hard enough to find let alone the small pieces that go on it. I'll be making the two parts that go where the vinyl ends on the top part of the door and the little square pieces that cover the bolts that hold the door handle on. Then everything will start getting glued on and wired up.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Got the models done during my morning break at work. I'll print them out tonight and see how they fit.

Bolt cover for the door handle.

Trim piece for the door.

I'm also going to model up the parts I'm not missing in case any one needs them in the future.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
The driver door pan is mostly finished. Need to wrap the other insertion top and the arm rest.
First time laying pleather on anything. Ended up with a couple 2-3 wrinkles I could not work out. Other than that not to bad.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Test fitting some of the 3D parts. Need to adjust one of them and to a final print.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
So, it has been over half a year with no updates. I figure I would fill everyone in on what’s been going on.

The first 1/3 of the year was a lot of traveling back and forth to North Carolina for a possible job opportunity that I eventually turned down in the beginning of April. So, during that time thing where looking very promising and projects came to a halt and things where getting cleaned up for the potential move. After the job was declined we had already have an appointment with our realtor to sell our house and decided to list it anyways and see if we can find our "forever home". Fast forward to week before we are to be out of our house and the tranny in the truck dies. Worst possible time, right? The truck has been sitting at the tranny shop that rebuild it since the before the last week in April. After multiple attempts at them trying to fix what a since fired disgruntle employee messed up, they have a new tranny on order. As of right now I’m waiting on the new one to show up so I can get the truck back and put it back to work. Anyway, we closed on our new garage... I mean house June 5th. has a 3-car attached to the house via breezeway, underneath that is another 3 car garage with one central door. best of all out in the back there is...... wait for it..... another 3-car garage high ceilings with a loft up top and a lift (new man cave). Since purchasing the place, the new shop was well cleaned, floor striped and epoxied, and walls/trim painted. The god-awful blue (you can see up top in the first picture) had to go. Getting ready to order new lighting and outlets/switches, build a couple work benches, and get the rest of my tools moved in.

Its been a crazy year so far.