mpfi conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tuftruck

Reaction score
Ive read mixed signals about the conversion and im wondering if its worth it for me my truck has 140k miles and i drive mostly highway miles the truck has been sittin for 6 years and its performance has dropped alot in the last 2k miles so im debating if i should just do seafoam or the conversion when i changed the fuel filter it was nasty so im leaning towards the conversion im wondering if it would be worth the extra $ and if it would help my mpg enough to justify it

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have you checked to see if your spider is leaking? Thats where I would start to see if it is needed or not. If you remove the throttle body (sometimes u can just look through the butterfly) you should be able to see down into the intake. If its shiny in there at all...its leaking. In this situation black and sooty is good haha.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I have heard a SMALL benefit could come from the swap, but its not worth the money unless you've got some leaky spider injectors or are already tearing into the intake. But it should definitely be more reliable than the poppet style injectors you have now.

tuftruck

Reaction score
I guess ill check the injectors tomorrow it does bog down at light throttle and its been gettig norse along with my city mpg its also been making a sound like i have a blow dryer under the hood at light throttle i wonder if that has something to do with it

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I swapped out mine on our 99 burb and it helped alot, but our oe spider was really dirty.

tuftruck

Reaction score
Even a little gain would make a big difference for me because i drive around 600 miles a week for work so gas is killin me at 3.50 a gallon im gettin about 15 mpg highway and about 10 city if i could gain 2 or 3 mpg it would make a huge difference

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when mine started to go it was def hurting my mpg...so yes it will help if it is bad now. And at the end of the day I feel much better about the updated design on my new one ;)

tuftruck

Reaction score
Yea i plan on keeping the truck because its been in my family since it was new in 98 so i dont mind the investment plus its my dd so ill get my moneys worth