misfiring im stuck i tried everything :( help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado98

slab holiday
Reaction score
Does the scanner you're using have Live Misfire Data? If so which cylinder is misfiring. If not then do a simple power balance by unplugging wires one at a time until you find out which cylinder it is.
just tells me random misfire

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, well do the power balance test by unplugging plug wires while the truck is running, try and find which cylinder is dead. The Order should be 1,3,5,7 on the Left Bank and 2,4,6,8 on the Right Bank.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
If you haven't tried the ICM it might be a good idea to try that, even if its been tested, because it could be heat related

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Now that I think of it, I recall another person with a similar phantom misfire, and it ended up being a bad ground wire for the computer.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I would try the ICM followed by the distributor, both are failure points with higher mileage.

silverado98

slab holiday
Reaction score
Fixed problem it was my cylinder 5 misfire so I check the wire to see and spliced it open and it was bent and can corrosion build up changed wires and done and ran smooth again but then my tranny front main seal to a **** so I just decided to rebuild tranny and got it done best tranny shop in Orlando and cheap they me cervo shift kit plus all new everything plus 2200 stall converter and apative valve body as well runs ******* great I should ask them to pics for me but forgot but thanks guys for helping me