Mirror with backup camera, temp, compass.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lxe4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/4-3-Inch-Ve...410955?hash=item1c72d1698b:g:3O8AAOSwLF1YBEe-

Has anyone here used any of these sorts of aftermarket products? I've been thinking and gearing up to do the temp compass mirror mod on my 96 k2500 rclb, but the 2 mirrors ive gotten form the yards so far have been duds. one being compass only and the other having something wrong with the temp system so it slips from reading properly to reading a steady -33c with 3 different sensors.

In trying to diagnose the temp gauge i came across these sorts of units and thought a backup camera would be a nice touch. You know, keep me in the 21'st century. probably be helpfull with trailers at least.

thoughts? experiences? If I go for it I'll likely do a write up or a video. Never made one but would be fun I think.

cnowalk

Geologist
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/4-3-Inch-Ve...410955?hash=item1c72d1698b:g:3O8AAOSwLF1YBEe-

Has anyone here used any of these sorts of aftermarket products? I've been thinking and gearing up to do the temp compass mirror mod on my 96 k2500 rclb, but the 2 mirrors ive gotten form the yards so far have been duds. one being compass only and the other having something wrong with the temp system so it slips from reading properly to reading a steady -33c with 3 different sensors.

In trying to diagnose the temp gauge i came across these sorts of units and thought a backup camera would be a nice touch. You know, keep me in the 21'st century. probably be helpfull with trailers at least.

thoughts? experiences? If I go for it I'll likely do a write up or a video. Never made one but would be fun I think.

I have wondered about these too. I don’t have a fancy radio right now, so this would be an easy way to add a backup camera display. I’ll be curious of what you think of it if you end up doing it. For me, a backup camera would be nice but I can live without it.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Has anyone here used any of these sorts of aftermarket products?

I have looked at similar items but had not noticed that they include compass and temperature. That would be really nice but have heard no reports on how well they work. I have a backup camera on my Van and really like it. It is a Pyle aftermarket . Works well . I also installed a switch and diode blocking to the backup lights so that I can turn on the camera even when moving forward. The monitor I have is strapped onto the defunct center rearview mirror .. it is defunct because the van has a solid partition behind the driver.

Mirror you link would be a nice addition to the pickup. Please report if you get one.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so not on my 400 but on 14 burb I have the backup camera on the rear view mirror and I like it, took me little bit to get used to. Do wish it was a bit bigger but then I wouldn't want a gigantic rearview mirror.