• ts96

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • squeaky3

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • RHamill

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Haha, those last 2 pics are crazy....but yeah, those were all some magnificent looking trucks. I actually don't recognize the term "W/T"....ofcourse I gather it's the grilles that stick out from the body panels, versus the ones that are smooth with the panels. I like my style grilles because the HID Halo Projectors are much cheaper, and in my opinion, look better. If anything, it looks more classic with the 7"x6" rectangle lenses, still haven't gotten around to getting the clear corners and the smooth turn lenses. Ordered clear corners, but they first sent the ones for the 2-pc composite grilles, then they mucked up again and sent the 2-pc corners for a '00 suburban. Sometimes I wonder who we have running these aftermarket companies....and if they even know what a GMC looks like. sigh...

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
W/T is Work Truck, v6, usually 5 speeds (but not always), rubber floors, boring grey or black grilles, usually 2WD.

Unless you get the Sport z71 W/T, which comes with a 4.3, 3.73s, 4WD, still rubber floors, and some fancy stickers.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
So I'm guessing most of the work trucks had grilles like my trucks. Both my green and white gmc's aren't W/Ts by your definition though....the white one was after I stripped a bunch of stuff off a fleet truck, lol. But yeah, I understand the W/T now, thanks.

Reaction score
W/T is Work Truck, v6, usually 5 speeds (but not always), rubber floors, boring grey or black grilles, usually 2WD.

Unless you get the Sport z71 W/T, which comes with a 4.3, 3.73s, 4WD, still rubber floors, and some fancy stickers.

all of this is wrong.

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

...LOLwut? W/T doesn't mean anything for engine, gearing, 4WD/2WD or transmission...

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Instead of calling me out, why don't you fix what I said.

That's why I get pissed all the time at you.

Last edited: