M/C Rebuild Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll be rebuilding my master cylinder sooner than later. No issues yet but the 2 grommets between reservoir and body look deformed and will fail eventually. Has anyone noticed they seem to have moved away from the rebuild kits they used to sell? At least Acdelco and Raysbestos don’t list them anymore. I’ve never done one, looks pretty straight forward, would probably do a hone depending on condition. Just seems like a better way than buying a new China made part.
Edit: Raysbestos MK1737 actually is still available, although I do have the discontinued AcDelco 18007935 USA manufactured rebuild kit.

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We used to rebuild master cylinders and wheel cylinders.

The rebuild kits cost nearly as much as replacement parts. The rebuild kits didn't have a warranty but the replacements did.

That was pretty-much the end of us rebuilding those parts.

Now that replacement parts have been sourced out of China, we might have to go back to rebuilding stuff again. Problem there, is that the rebuild kits will also be Chinese.

Good luck.

Remember, you can't hone the bores of the aluminum master cylinders. If they're worn...they're D-O-N-E.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We used to rebuild master cylinders and wheel cylinders.

The rebuild kits cost nearly as much as replacement parts. The rebuild kits didn't have a warranty but the replacements did.

That was pretty-much the end of us rebuilding those parts.

Now that replacement parts have been sourced out of China, we might have to go back to rebuilding stuff again. Problem there, is that the rebuild kits will also be Chinese.

Good luck.

Remember, you can't hone the bores of the aluminum master cylinders. If they're worn...they're D-O-N-E.
Thanks, I’ve got a USA made kit, otherwise I wouldn’t even bother with a Chinese kit. All these parts for $40.00, so still cheaper for me anyway than new China made.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see the primary piston with the large QTU section on the end...but I don't see a secondary piston. I assume you have it, but it didn't make it into the photos.
Glad you asked, cause no it didn’t come with that kit. I don’t understand that either. Is it possible the other parts you can see inside packaging are meant for secondary piston? I’ve seen a few videos of them being rebuilt using both original pistons, with just new rubber seals. Even the current Raysbestos MK1737 being sold doesn’t have that piston either.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Glad you asked, cause no it didn’t come with that kit. I don’t understand that either. Is it possible the other parts you can see inside packaging are meant for secondary piston?
Let's hope so. Do you have a couple of seals that look like what's on the secondary piston?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Let's hope so. Do you have a couple of seals that look like what's on the secondary piston?
Yes and since the primary piston that’s supplied is complete, I’m thinking they are for secondary. They appear to be the correct ones anyway.