Ls swap wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graham Cole

Reaction score
Hey guys! im wondering what everyone would suggest to do wiring wise for a 99 5.3 in my 96. the truck has a 5.0 as of now and im trying to gather parts to get this ls in. what do you guys recommend? im up in Canada. is it hard to create your own harness? or should i buy one? any suggested retailers?
Thanks in advance guys!

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
No need to buy a harness. The 1996 vortec harness can be used, with modification of course and addition of a handful of wires.

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey the motor harness. I just got done with my LS swap. Using the factory truck harness and it was a pain.

T0PDOG

Reaction score
Hi guys , looks like we have The same interest, I've got a 97 Tahoe 2door that has stock engine in it and just got myself a 6.0 engine from the scrap yard , it was sitting in a 2005 Denali , and I'm about to fish out all its wire harness just in case , I know for my install I would need motor plates , rear spacer for the flywheel . But now I'm stuck with the PCM wiring harness , can anyone guide me on the harness bit , because I'm a bit confused , on the net their some cars running with two PCM , I mean the stoke and the installed PCM engine , some say that the original car PCM will be able to run the engine ,and some say to remove the stoke PCM and let the new PCM run the car . Hoping anyone that has some info to help me out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heavychevy408

Reaction score
Same spot I wanna ditch the black box run a 411 modify the stock harness and keep everything working just need to know if there was a different pcm I could use or is it just the 411 that will make it all work

T0PDOG

Reaction score
That's New for me , and it's my first time hearing it from you , thanks I'll look it up

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk