LS Swap Wiring Question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking at 6.0 Liter for my LS Swap. I keep finding motors out of junkyards that have cut harnesses on them. I have attached a picture that shows it. I'm not sure how much of the wiring harness I actually need. The motor is going into a 98 GMC K1500 that has all stock wiring.

Thanks.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in the process of doing the same swap. My plan is to use the factory harness to my truck and add in injector wires and whatever few wires it takes to make it work. I'm also swapping in an nv4500 at the same time so I haven't paid any attention to the transmission side of things in my research

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking at 6.0 Liter for my LS Swap. I keep finding motors out of junkyards that have cut harnesses on them. I have attached a picture that shows it. I'm not sure how much of the wiring harness I actually need. The motor is going into a 98 GMC K1500 that has all stock wiring.

Thanks.
Unless you have done this swap before and are familiar with the LS truck harness, your best bet is getting a complete one and weeding out the wires you don't need per LT1swap.com instructions. He states on the website what wires to remove which about 30 wires. I originally got a cut up harness and added what I needed and it took time but it worked. You'll only need to connect about 3-5 wires from LS harness to your gmt400

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the infomation! I found a company called Current Performance they will take my existing truck harness and build one that will accept the 6.0 L motor.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the infomation! I found a company called Current Performance they will take my existing truck harness and build one that will accept the 6.0 L motor.
U can go that route and pay a fee hundred bucks or do it urself, not that hard. LT1swap.com can have the VATS removed and a simple tune done for $75. Turn around time is about 10 days. He did mine and hundreds of other people, no Issues 4 years later

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk