LS Swap 243 C Transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getnit

Reaction score
I just swapped a 6.0 into a 1998 k1500 with the dash push button transfer case. What do I need to do do to keep this original. Had a local guy that was doing this part, but, he has fallen away. Now I need to learn. I`m looking at harness from Speartech or Swap specialties. Both seem to do excellent work, just Price e. I want quality, IT`s a nice build. Any info on keeping this transfer case original is appreciated! It`s the 12 to 14 wires that come out of the pass firewall i need to understand better. I`m not a schematic guy, but i`m learning. I now these wires feed to my push button control (transfer case) and also my temp gauge, etc? Any info
, help in this area is appreciated. THANK YOU! m
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

kghawg

Reaction score
Bumping this as I am in the same situation. LS into 1996 K1500 with push button t-case AWD/4WD. I can have LS ECM or the vortec OE ecm control the 4L60E trans. I kept the entire vortec harness intact. Just like OP, I need to know what to do with the wires from the firewall to/from body control module/dash.

kghawg

Reaction score
The 96 is a push button auto-4wd without a shifter. How can I tell the difference? I can post the option sticker from the glovebox.