Lowered with Exhuast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
98 c1500 5.7

Just a quick question, how do you guys have your exhaust set up (while being lowered of course)

My plan is to cut off the factory muffler then add 2 flowmasters followed by two pipes running to the rear axle and dumped right before the axle.

I figured that would be best rather than running it over the axle.

I'm not here to copy anyone or be lazy, so I have researched, but I figured it didn't hurt to ask.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
You from Senatobia, MS? and sorry, im not lowered, Just wondering if there is anyone else out there on my half of the country lol

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You from Senatobia, MS? and sorry, im not lowered, Just wondering if there is anyone else out there on my half of the country lol

I did about 5 months ago. Just recently moved to Louisiana.

My wife went to college in Columbus. Actually have a cousin in Starkville.

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm bagged and have it over the axle. Not a fan of dumps, excess exhaust fumes and noise are for the birds. Any good muffler shop should be able to tackle the job. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of it.

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
Tailpipe deletion also results in an unacceptable loss of exhaust gas velocity for a street driven vehicle. The reality of it is that ON THE STREET you'll go faster with tailpipes.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tailpipe deletion also results in an unacceptable loss of exhaust gas velocity for a street driven vehicle. The reality of it is that ON THE STREET you'll go faster with tailpipes.

Ive ran dumps at the axle a few times, never felt any difference. Im not doing straights...

now my old 4.3 on the other hand.. I cut off the muffler and ran nothing but the cat... that lost power. or at least felt like it.... sounded like poo as well ha ha.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much are your dropping it? If its 5/7 or less it should be pie to do an over axle exhaust too.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much are your dropping it? If its 5/7 or less it should be pie to do an over axle exhaust too.

Currently aiming for a 4/6 then possibly a 5/7 then pinch pennies for bags.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ask sewlow on here for pictures of his black truck. He will give you a whole page response with one sentence about the exhaust! When I lowered mine I completely redid the exhaust and ran two flowmaster 40s under the cab and dumped them after the cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk