Lower temp t-stat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCzar

Reaction score
Looking to get a lower temp t-stat. What temp are yah running along with Manufacturer and Part No.

Thanks

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have a chip or a custom tune? If not Id stick to the stock 190 stat.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would stick to stock . Are you having some kind of overheating problem or whats the reason you want to go with the cooler one?

GMCzar

Reaction score
Just looking to improve performce. Being that I live in Sunny So. Cal there is no need for me to worry about cold winter months.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
By running a cooler t-stat the computer is going to think its colder than it is and it will run rich. What year truck is it?

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might be able to get away with a 180 t stat. You could spend the money on one from JET or whoever or you can get one from autozone for half the money.

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I first bought my truck it had a 180 in it, everything worked fine, but I pull it and installed a 195. I would stay with the stock 195, because of the computer. Are you having overheating problems?