Low Speed Brake Shudder/High Speed Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never had bad rotors out of the box..then again i never buy the cheapest ones... they are junk.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well i bought some premium ones from napa autoparts and i still have a vibration after swapping everything out and its only getting worse right now. i need to eventually take them off and get them turned to see if that helps anything. when i swapped them it was alot better but still had kinda a warped feel. i thought with the premium rotors would be worth it but i think i may have just got some not true.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you guys getting the pulse when you hit the brakes only?

That is rotors for sure. My rule of thumb is to always change out the pads along with the rotors.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
me personally yes to all. only when brakes and it was lightly when stopping and now sometimes it feels real bad if im at higher speed like 60mph and need to slow down quickly it really shakes the wheel hard! i know my bearings are good and so are caliper slides and pads. i replaced a slightly bad bearing last month cause it occationaly made noise that just bugged me so i swapped it out and before than i had to replace a slide bolt that caused one of my pads to wear uneven from the other pad. so i replaced all slide bolts and greased them up good as well as replaced brake pads again.
i hope when i get my rotors turned next time it will fix this problem cause last few times i stopped hard that really felt bad! i could deal with alittle atfirst but hard stopping just does not feel safe!
my only problem is im to lazy to take them off and get them turned.
also who knows if when they turn these rotors do they have to pop out the bearing races or do they need my bearings when i take them in to be turned? ive never had a hub/rotor turned before. my bearings are pretty new one side only has like 1K miles on it and the other about 10K but still perfect.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well Dobbs is going to road force balance my wheels and tires for $9 a corner tomorrow, will ask what they charge to turn the rotors just to true them up. May have the rears turned too. Also will be checking for any bad ball joints and check the trans mount too

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the rotors are cheap its a waste to turn them... a few good hard stops and they are warped again.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had my wheels and tires road forced balanced this morning and they looked it all over and drove it and they think that the rear drums are out of round, cheap enough, I will get them turned.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ya for the rear drums if youve never done anything to them IMO just replace it and maybe even the wheel cylinders to if it even remotely looks wet in there! pads and drums and go ahead and spend afew bucks for new hardware to and grease up the adjuster good. i typically only do the rear drums once on a vehicle unless a wheel cylinder pops and soaks everything in fluid.