Low idle/stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
I adjusted the throttle cable and tightened it a little bit. It doesn't want to stall or anything now, but it is running lean due to my exhaust setup/ 02 sensor issues. And the oil pressure seems to really be low when the truck is warmed up. I am not hearing any bad noises from the engine and it seems to run good. Should I just keep running it like this for now or is it bad to keep it running lean and with the oil pressure a bit low. This all being said the oil pressure gauge has been erratic since I got the truck, and I am not completely sure how accurate it is.
Do you have a 3 wire o2 sensor? If not I think you might need the heated sensor to make it work. Also where they put the Bung for the sensor in your system?

Trstrugar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a 3 wire o2 sensor? If not I think you might need the heated sensor to make it work. Also where they put the Bung for the sensor in your system?

It is a 3 wire sensor located underneath the passenger door. The bung is welded in about 9 inches from where the plug is. It stretches to reach about as far as the wire will allow

Trstrugar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Pulled this off the internet.

Thank you I will give replacing this a try and report how it goes at least for oil pressure accuracy. Looks like I may have to remove the distributer to reach it

ram1220

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 90 Sierra with 5.7l the sending unit is on the back of the engine by the firewall. Mine is located under the distributor plate and was a real pain to get to. The original one in my truck was a different size than the new one. So if you do buy the socket tool for the new one it won't fit the old sensor. These sensors are a common failure item on these trucks.