LMC steering shaft vs xj shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My steering has always been slacked out I figure the steering components are still good recently replaced by PO all greased up and tires are wearing smooth and even so all that stuff is good which brings me to my question will the LMC shaft do what the Xj shaft does?? Or has anybody even gave it a shot

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year is your truck? The reason I am asking is because the jeep shaft works on truck years 88-95

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
If LMC trucks is a rag joint, I wouldn't bother.. Their junk.. It'll do the same thing as the one you have in there now... You have a 95? Do the XJ shaft!

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm a 95 tbi motor truck and I'm don't think it's a rag joint set up on LMC prob cheaper to hit a big junk yard and get the xj shaft.. Appreciate the input guys! Love how helpful everybody is on GMT400

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
You can use the xj shaft if you use a support/carrier bearing mounted to the firewall. I'm pretty sure Someone done it on a 97.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That high buck shaft at LMC is most likely a Borgeson piece. If you're dead set on one you can almost surely find it cheaper elsewhere (though they're still crazy expensive.) LMC doesn't make anything; they're just a parts dealer.

Richard

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm found that out some instances LMC is cheap on some stuff and stupid on others. I feel like XJ shaft will be how I do it.. Not worth the effort chasing some other company down